Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hyde park sound or slane castle etc

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Chili, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    hey all, Can anyone tell me the settings i could use on the od3-b pedal to get a similiar sound to what Flea gets at hyde park or live at slane, i love this pedal and have tryed out loads of differant sounds with it, and am trying to get his sound but cant seem to, any help will be apprisiated, thx
    chili

2. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    It sounds to me like he didn't use the same settings between the 2 shows. The Slane DVD sounds like the GAIN is not set too high, maybe between 1:00 and 2:00 for the solo's, Around The World etc but at the hyde Park gig it sounds much higher. I was at the Hyde Park gig and I remember thinking the GAIN sounded higher. It did sound awsome though, especially through a big PA. In fact for an outdoor gig I've never heard a better mix from any band.

I would imagine he also splits his signal to keep the bottom end intact.

3. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    u were at the the actual hyde park gig? nice, the solo flea and then john did after by the way sounded awsome i think, and u actually got to see it live! lol, so to get close to hyde parks sound just have alot of gain, if not full gain? do u think the EQ should be further towards boost or cut? and the balance closest to OD or dry

4. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    Yes Hyde Park was excellent, and Jame Brown for support was good too. And when Flea started the bass line for 'I Feel Love' we thought it sounded amazing.

My gues on the ODB3 setting would be about 3:00 on the gain and 10:00 to 12:00 on the balance. The eq will all depend on your amp and bass setup.

5. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    yeah i feel love did sound awsome, i bet it sounded even more amazing actually bein there

what do u mean by 3.00 n stuff? theres no numbers or anythin on the settings, so i only no by full, or half way or quarter etc lol

6. imagine a clock face behind your nobs ;)

ie 3:00 = 3 o'clock = horizontal to the right

7. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    You got it !!

8. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    oh lol, well yeah that makes sense, thx