1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hyper Link w/Text?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by GrooveWarrior, Apr 11, 2006.

1. What happened to the hyper link option where you could just put one word or a phrase to act as the link instead of having to put the whole website? Since the switch, I haven't been able to do that. I just have the insert link and remove link option. I'm on OSX (Tiger) and using Safari.

2. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Like This?

You just put {url=website}text{/url} but change to the correct brackets.

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Reaching Scarlet

It's actually a little bit easier the new way. Just type your text as you want it to appear in your message, in this case I typed "Reaching Scarlet". Then go back and highlight your text, press the link button, and it will ask you to put in the web address. It will make the highlighted text into a link.

4. Hang on...I'll try and explain it...

Type in the word you want as a link...HIGHLIGHT it then click on the "insert link" button...then just copy and paste the web address into it...

you should see [ U R L = h t t p : / / rest of address ] word-your-wanting-to-link [ / U R L ]

Thats it...;) :bassist:

5. Excellent. Thanks. I knew it wouldn't take long. Now, how do I delete a thread? Sorry, I seem to be acting like a noob today!

6. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    You cant delete a thread with posts from other people in it. You can email a mod to remove it, but might as well leave it in case anyone else has the same question.