1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hyper Phase

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by syciprider, Aug 4, 2005.

1. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Bought a Digi-Tech Hyper Phase pedal and got to play with it last night.

First the unit itself: Bluish silver affair with 4 knobs: Speed, Depth, Regen and Type with 7 detents. Typical DT construction. Heavier than Boss, with a pedal that requires more force and a longer stroke to actuate. DC port is standard Boss. Comes with a battery, a brief manual and a colorful DT catalog.

In use: 7 settings via the Type or X series knob. 4, 8 and 12 stage, rise/fall, down trigger, up trigger and step. There is enough range in adjustment to get flanger and vibrato like sounds out of this unit. I sensed that my tone lost a little edge. I think this is because of the phasing process. However, there is no loss of bottom end. I loved the very subtle watery texture of the sound especially when paired with a touch of chorus. With OD/dist and chorus together the sound takes on a new dimension :hyper: . But the extra gain of distortion makes the swooshing phaser sound louder also.

IMO, this pedal is worth the $70 investment. A lot more flexible than the overpriced MXR EVH and a little less hit on the wallet than the equally capable B brand. :bassist:

2. Thurisarz

Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    Thaks for the review! I regret selling mine and i'll maybe pick it up again