Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hyper Phase

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by syciprider, Aug 4, 2005.

1. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Bought a Digi-Tech Hyper Phase pedal and got to play with it last night.

First the unit itself: Bluish silver affair with 4 knobs: Speed, Depth, Regen and Type with 7 detents. Typical DT construction. Heavier than Boss, with a pedal that requires more force and a longer stroke to actuate. DC port is standard Boss. Comes with a battery, a brief manual and a colorful DT catalog.

In use: 7 settings via the Type or X series knob. 4, 8 and 12 stage, rise/fall, down trigger, up trigger and step. There is enough range in adjustment to get flanger and vibrato like sounds out of this unit. I sensed that my tone lost a little edge. I think this is because of the phasing process. However, there is no loss of bottom end. I loved the very subtle watery texture of the sound especially when paired with a touch of chorus. With OD/dist and chorus together the sound takes on a new dimension :hyper: . But the extra gain of distortion makes the swooshing phaser sound louder also.

IMO, this pedal is worth the $70 investment. A lot more flexible than the overpriced MXR EVH and a little less hit on the wallet than the equally capable B brand. :bassist:

2. Thurisarz

Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    Thaks for the review! I regret selling mine and i'll maybe pick it up again