hypothetical bass rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Golem II, Feb 14, 2002.

1. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    In addition to the eden 2x10 xlt I already have, I may be buying the following gear:

ADA MP-2 preamp
    Stewart World 2.1 Poweramp
    Eden 1x10 CXM

I'm mainly interested in the ADA due to its low price, effects/features, midi functions and the fact that I need a preamp for recording guitar as well. Since I don't plan on having it rewired like Claypool, I may need an additional equalizer or driver to make up for the lost low end. I have a few questions:

1. Would the output of an active bass be too hot for the ADA and potentially cause a lot of noise and feedback? If so, is there any way I can pad this?

2. Will the eq on an active bass make up for the lack of proper bass EQ on the mp-2?

3. If I were to use, say, a sansamp bass driver along with the ADA, would it be better to put it in the effects loop or just run the bass through it before the input?

4. Does anyone have any recommendations for an EQ or preamp that might sound better than the sansamp for this purpose? I was considering a aguilar or fodera outboard preamp instead, or just a parametric equalizer (which I currently know nothing about, so any suggestions would be appreciated.)