Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hypothetical: Jaco -the Movie

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Peter Squire, Oct 15, 2005.

1. So if there was going to be a biographical movie made about Jaco, and you got to choose the cast, who would be your picks?

2. adisu

adisu I admit it, I'm a "user"

Apr 8, 2005
    Israel
    First of all it's a great idea...It's gonna' be a very dramatic story with a tragic end.
    Somebody should do it but not hollywood, we don't want jaco to become just another a sticky hollywood story.

3. yeah, make it a european art film, then you'll have jaco speaking french or swedish :oops:

Jacques

oh and of course:

Fieldy

4. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I don't know who to cast, but I'd want David Lynch directing it. :D

5. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    I guarantee somebody's gonna say Johnny Depp. :rolleyes:

6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    can lindsay lohan play jaco? naked?

7. Depp would probably do a pretty good Jaco, Fret. But Ms. Lohan could also prove to be a winner.

8. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I think Tom Hanks (if he was skinnier) would do a good jaco. He has the voice and the nose (almost).

9. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    that low c# theory guy

10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Brendan Fraser looks quite a bit like Jaco, whether or not he could accurately portray everyone's favorite manic maniac musician...well who knows.

Though ultimately, I feel that if such a movie were made, it would be like a VH1 type for-TV production and would use a cast of nonames for the most part, and chances are whoever they'd get to play jaco would be a dead ringer for him.

11. me.

Oh imagine the threads on here that such a movie would spark.

12. Depp would really get into the role

13. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Heck, Jaco's own son felix looks quite a bit like him, and he can play the bass pretty well too.

14. FRETLESS PRACTICAL OR HYPE?!?!? FOUR STRINGS PRACTICAL??! OR HYPE?!!? DO I NEED MORE STRINGS?!?!?! or more hype???

god, i think i'd throw my soda at the screen and dump my popcorn on myself for wasting all that money.

15. Slurm

Slurm

Jan 9, 2005
    Rob Shenider as Jaco
    He realises that life as a bass player isint all its cracked up to be.

Or
    Adam sandeler
    he falls in love with his bass, but then realises that its actually a golden retrever.

16. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    WHINING, PRACTICAL OR HYPE? CRYBABY, PRACTICAL OR HYPE?

;)

17. :D

18. Steve Buscemi.

19. spc

spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    Christian Bale?

20. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO

+1 Outstanding player. He was going to be my choice, although I bet Depp would take bass lessons/learn all (or most) of Jaco's tunes. He's a dedicated actor, and willing to research his character until he gets it as accurate as possible.

AuG