Hypothetical sale of equipment. Whats it worth??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by odie, Jul 31, 2004.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

Looking at maybe downsizing and trying to figure out where I want my music hobby to go. Possibly quit, possibly take up harp...I dont know. So what is this stuff worth if I were to sell it all.

Eden WT-400 (4 yrs old) in 4 space SKB

Eden 4-10 XLT never pushed hard.

Modulus Q5 older with EMG's non truss rod, shows its wear and tear but is the best playing and sounding Mod I have ever played. Trans blue burst. Deluxe gig bag(one that goes for $140 new)

Tobias Renegade 4 string. Mint. SKB case.

DBX 266? compressor.

BBE sonic Maximizer cant recall what model. It is stereo or two channel.

SansAmp DI driver.

Some Boss flanger, envelope filter, ODB-3, looper bypass pedal, boss TU-2 tuner. Some are mint with boxes some are old but work perfect.

Behringer VAMP-2 guitar amp simulator.

Hamer Archtop guitar SATF? with hardshell case.

Yamaha studio monitors MSP5a

Zoom 708(I)

Tascam 788 8 track recorder with CD burner.
  2. Worth nothing. Ship them to me so I can look at them more closely...
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Dibs on the BDDI and Renegade.

Just sayin' is all.
  4. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Dibs on the archtop.
  5. odie

odie Supporting Member

I need dollar signs boys!!!! I need to know how much I can sell these for for a fair typical going for kind of price!!!
  6. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    what is the model of the archtop, and do you have pics?
  7. odie

odie Supporting Member

It is an import model.
  8. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I see the SA BDDI's going for about $120

See the Renegades anywhere from $350 to $425

410XLTs swing between $550 and $650.

Mod Q5, probably about $1250ish (has wear, down from $1300)

WT-400, probably about $525, I think.

4 space rack, $50

That's all I know off the top of my head.

You want to give me the Renegade and bit cash, or the SA BDDI and a nooch of cash for my Spector, now don'tcha?
  9. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Those Hamer guitars go for about 200 bucks or so.
  10. odie

odie Supporting Member

Yeah right!!! I see them go for $350-400 all the time with a case. Plus I had the bridge pickup swapped with a Duncan Distortion.
  11. odie

odie Supporting Member

You are right. I will look at Ebay a bit more. I have never been an ebayer by most standards.

Not sure if I am stepping down or not. Just looking at downsizing and maybe looking at other musical adventures of sorts. I love music. But I am finding I love mixing and doing recordings more and more. Bands are fun but I enjoy more than just playing.
  12. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I thought going for used gear is about half of list. You could maybe start from there.
  13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yes, if it's in as-new condition. Less if dinged.
  14. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Right, so use that number as a starting point, and then be honest with yourself about the condition and price accordingly.
  15. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

A couple of years ago I sold off about half of my gear because we were moving to a very small retirement condo and I simply had no room for all of it.

I sold most of it to a used music store in Nashville. Let me tell you I was positively shocked at how little I received. It made me ache to have to let go of my beloved basses, keyboard, and sound equipment for a mere pittance of what I paid for it, plus I had to endure the insults of the salesmen who acted as if my things were never going to be easy to resell.

I can't recall the exact scandalous amounts I received, but suggest that you check pawn shops and used equipment stores to get an idea of what used equipment is being sold for and then know that the markup is very high over what the pawn shop gave the seller.

Also check Manny's Used Equipment web site for prices. You might do best to put your equipment in a classified ad in the newspaper, E-bay or ask a local music store if they will sell it on consignment for you. Good luck.

P.S. (If you can keep your equipment, that is the best of all. I really regret having sold my things, even though I'd be cramped for space keeping all or part of it. The fact is, your equipment is worth more to you than it probably will be to others.)