Hysteria, Muse

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ollielangfan, Sep 17, 2005.

1. ollielangfan

Apr 3, 2005
    Nampa, ID
    What effect is the bass using on Hysteria. It sounds awsome! Does anyone know how to get that kind of sound?
  2. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    - People say that its cascaded big muff's.

- I get similar sounds from my Deep Impact run into my Prunes and Custard.
  3. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    For me, it's a mix of dry, Big Muff and Deep Impact.
  4. i get it using:
    Prunes and Custard (on the "guitar" setting in loooper w/ blend), and both levels of my overdrive on top of that...nice thick fuzz w/ that synthy cool stuff goin on
  5. psi

Mar 11, 2005
    New Jersey
    I'll tell you this: I've tried the cascaded big muff thing and it sounded like crap and nothing like Hysteria. I was using small D'Addario cables to connect so I don't think it was external noise. Might want to try [(one big muff -> wooly mammoth -> synth) / dry] setup.
  6. TMWPB

Mar 1, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    I believe that he has 3 2x15's. One clean, one big muff, and one maestro distortion(I think thats his other distortion, never heard of it before though). And for hysteria I think he has all of them running at the same time.
  7. yup, he's running three Marshall Amp systems, if you listen closely as well, he kicks an octave effect on about 8 bars in. He also doubled the line using a synth. I find distortion and an octave pedal get me pretty close.