Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I’m thinking about selling my 810E for something lighter, any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thoughtpolice, Mar 20, 2006.

1. thoughtpolice

thoughtpolice Banned

Sep 27, 2005
  2. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
  3. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Schroeder 310212

4. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Do a search on the bergantino nv-610, get yourself, "all gassed up". Then hurry up, and go buy one, while you can!

5. thoughtpolice

thoughtpolice Banned

Sep 27, 2005
    I do want something smaller – preferably a 4X10 cab

There happens to be a Berg Dealer near me – so I may go and try a NV610 and see how it responds with my amp (SVT4)

I was planning on staying with Ampeg

– does anyone have any experience with the PR-410HLF or E-410HLF Ampeg 4X10 cabs?

Crate....lol....:smug:

6. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds

Had a deal with Ampeg. Had the PR's and they aren't great at all. I think ampeg cabs overall are just ok.

As for weight. You have 165 lbs. right now in an 810E, a typical 410 (eden, SWR, etc) will be 85 - 100 lbs.

The berg nv610 is supposed to kill an SVT across the board AND is only 98lbs. Also, it is only 3 feet X 2 foot. Compact.

I just ordered one. It will be here in June (wanted a new one straight from Jim that no one has every played).

7. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I just got an nv610 and I use it with my svt4.
    It pairs realy well, gonna make some more mids while still with plenty of bass and very smooth.
    Actually now I want a new amp, the cab is so hot.
    VERY LOUD with svt4

8. Go try out the Bergantino NV610.........you will want it!

9. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    NV610. All the tone of a fridge, plus alot more. Tighter bottom, more punch, about half the weight. For that type of sound, nothing else comes close.

10. thoughtpolice

thoughtpolice Banned

Sep 27, 2005
    Anyone’s pants size ever double from GAS? I think I need to loosen my belt :cool:
    I can’t wait to try it out – what is the round-a-bout price for a NV610 - 1K?

11. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

Yep..just under $1100 I believe.

12. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Berg NV610 fo sho! I got one about a month ago. Rock City guitars hooked me up with one for $1100 to door (the shipping ain't cheap on one of these!). The cab kills! Vintage tone, but with more clarity, top and bottom. Hard to explain other than it's vintage tone on steroids. The cab fits right in the back seat of my car to boot!!!!

13. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I also picked up the optional LeCover padded cover for the cab. It's pricy at $110 shipped, but well worth it. Heavy canvas on the outside with thick padding on the inside. Hell, I pull the cover up and stand it there and it supports itself. Looks like another NV610 next to my cab! I might not have gotten the cover if the 610 had sliders on the back, but it doesn't so I paid for the cover. I plan on having this cab for quite a while so I figured why not get the cover too!

14. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    If you like Ampeg, check out the SVT-610HLF. It has a similar sound, almost as loud, and it's 50lbs lighter! Good luck.

15. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    if you're lucky, maybe you snag up an Aguilar S410 cab before they're all gone @ musiciansfriend or guitar center.

16. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    I think, we just added a new member, to the nv-610 club. "ka-ching" If its out of stock at your dealer, call or e-mail Jim, @ Bergantino. He might be able to locate one for you.

17. thoughtpolice

thoughtpolice Banned

Sep 27, 2005
    That’s for the suggestions everyone! I’m going to check in to the NV610, and do some other comparisons.

- If anyone else has any other recommendations please share.

18. The new aggie 8x10....:bag:

19. Guiseppe

Guiseppe

Oct 26, 2003
    Vancouver, WA
    I had the same problem you do, my back just wasn't up to schepping 200+ lb 8x10's anymore. I went with a Schroeder 21012 and have loved it; it is every bit as powerful as my 8x10, although I've never EVER needed to throw a full load (1200 watts) at it...I think it sounds a little fuller than my Ampeg cabs did but not artificially so. It just sounds like my bass, which is what I wanted in the 1st place. Also, my 21012 is only 72+/- pounds and can easily fit in the backseat of my Tbird. I just had one of the new Schroeder 410 "light" series cabs shipped today, if you're interested I'll give you my take on that when I get it this week. And about 20 lbs lighter than my 21012, too...