Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I´m going to....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ívar Þórólfsson, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    ...Copenhagen (Denmark) next week and I was wondering if anyone knows of a good place to visit there. Not the typical tourist stuff, I know most of them, but I am looking for good music stores and some other interesting places to visit there.

Anyone? :)

2. Christiania.

:D

3. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Bleh, the Danish government is closing it down, so I´ll get a quick peek pherhaps...

4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Forgive my ignorance... What is Christiania?? Sounds like a fun place!!

5. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Well, basically Christania is a ,,independed" state within Copenhagen. Pretty much everyting goes there. There are outdoor bazaars there which sell drugs and more often than not they are consumed in public.

This has been so for decades but now the Danish government is trying to shut Christiania down. Denmark is pretty liberal but Christiana has gone too far. They don´t pay taxes yet they demand all the same public services as tax paying citizens of Denmark. That and also the rampant drug trafficing there has forced the Danish government to shut it down...

http://www.christiania.org/

More info here:
    http://www.erowid.org/culture/communities/christiania_media1.shtml

6. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Ahh... No thanks.. Don't do the drug thing.. Never have.. Never had a desire even to experiment.

You could show me to the nearest pub though for a nice malty, hoppy beverage!!

:p