Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I´m in love with... WHAT ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by David-Adler, Aug 2, 2001.

1. David-Adler

David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    Hey,

I was at a music store yesterday and played a pretty cool bass - an Ibanez ATK301 - dark red over flamed maple with an rosewood (I think) fretboard and headstock overlay. Priced at $444. It had an Pearloid Pickguard, so I thought it would be a US ATK model, but it says "Made in Japan" on the back of the Headstock. Do you know what it is ?

Thanks!

David

2. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    honestly i have only heard about atk made in usa but i don't have seen one. i know that there are japanese and korean atk. if your has only the big pickup in bridge position it's a japanese atk of the first serie. good bass with fat neck and a little bit heavy. here in italy you can find one used for 350$. if there is a jazz pickup in the neck position it's one of the new atk. thinner neck, not so heavy more versatile but not so powerful in terms of sound. the perloid pickguard could be easuly have been added later.