I´m planning to add some SERIUS BOTTOM ......

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CaracasBass, May 12, 2002.

1. Ampeg BSE115T

3 vote(s)
  2. Ampeg SVT15E

12 vote(s)
  3. Crate BX115E

0 vote(s)
  4. Fender Bassman 115

0 vote(s)
  5. Hartke 115TP

1 vote(s)
  6. SWR Workingman's 1x15T

5 vote(s)
  1. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    .....to my sound, so I´ll be buying an 1x15 cab, but which one???.

I play in a hard rock/metal band (Metallica, Godsmack, RATM....) and use a Hartke HA4000 head with a Hartke 410TP cab. So I want a 1x15 cab not too brigth, more warm(because the 410TP is a really brigth cab), to get a big-bootty-shakin´ bottom.

I tried the same setup I have with a hartke 115TP, and sounded nice, but I was thinking about geting another brand (SWR, Ampeg, GK, etc etc) to get some kind of "mixed" sound. Well, what do you think????

2. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain

I forgot to add the "OTHER" option, suggestions are welcome!!!!!
  3. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Why not a 18 if you want real bottom I think the gk is a very hard rock sounding cab. BTW I live in venezuela and I can't find any decent bass stuff where are you getting yours from?
  4. Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    You might be better off just upgrading your transporter to an XL.

Of those choice though, I'd say the ampegs.
  5. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    An 18 should be fine, but I´m thinking about my backbone too :D , so I´ll get the 15 first

Well, I bougth my amp and bass in SamAsh Miami, other stuff like strings and miscelaneous, here in Caracas. Altough, these days the few stores in the city are selling some Hartke, Ampeg and GK stuff (unbeleivable), even I had the chance to try a Spector NS2000/5.......

6. lpbassics

lpbassics Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    i think you might want to consider the gs115.

shes got some serious booty for around $500.

just try it out if you can.

7. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    JBL 2x18, lol. Now thats crap yr pants and a half bottome end. You'll also have another hole in yr pants, and that would be your wallet burnt to a crisp.
  8. Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I don't think half a HA4000 can power a 2x18 (maybe not even a 1x18). Its under 500watts isn't it? Maybe I'm wrong.
  9. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    You want to add to your bottom? Eat lots of cheese and wash it down with some cheap beer. Don't forget to not exercise!

Seriously though, what about a Peavey 1x15? Good value means you'll have plenty of cash left over to buy that cheese we talked about!
  10. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    The deeper version of the Bag End 15 has great bottom, although I'm happy with my (shallow) S15-D...
  11. LumpyGravy

LumpyGravy Guest

May 8, 2002
    Personally speaking I wouldn't get anything larger than 15" speakers. 18's in my opinion are paper pushers, they eat a lot of power and don't really do a lot but cool your feet off when you stand next to them. Go with a 15 cab that has a deep box with ports. That should give you bottom plus a tighter response. I prefer Carvin, but nothing is like the SVT.
  12. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Yeah it´s 400 watts @ 4 Ohms, and I don´t want an 18 cab, ouch my back!!!!!:D

I love cheese..... and carrots

Well, $500 is above my budget ´cause I need to buy other stuff like a 6U rack etc etc , but I´m sure its a great buy:)
  13. Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    If you did for some reason get the peavey 15, DON'T get the BxBw, it has great mids, but little bottom. You'd have to get the Pro sereis which is above $500.
  14. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
  15. Pabrika

May 20, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    I would suggest an 18... as I use one in my rig. As for weight, the Carvin 18 is WONDERFUL!!! Has a killer speaker stock, and the cab itself is LIGHT. Believe it or not, the 18 is far lighter than my 4x8 Ampeg cab... which covers the mid/high end. I play fretless, and like the SMOOTH huge round bottom that an 18 provides. It is very warm. It is, as you say, "serious" bottom, and is big and round as well. You might, however, want the tighter, more focussed attack and punch of a deep ported 15 as posted above, but it's simple math: you're not gonna get rounder, fuller, smoother low end than an 18. If attack is a serious concideration for heavier/harder stuff, go with a 15, but at least TRY an 18 before making a purchace> PEACE......
  16. coolhanddan

May 16, 2002
    Central NJ
    My vote goes for the Peavey cab with 15" Black Widow speaker. Nice bottom, handles lots of power, known to be indestructable, not too expensive. Cab is kinda heavey, but not as heavey as a 2x15" JBL cab i usta have. That was a hernia maker!
  17. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I picked up farboozle's old Peavey 1516 cab for my practice space a few months ago, and I have to say I've been impressed with the Black Widow! This one is older, of course...
  18. downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    I got the BxBw, and i get tons of lows (with an EQ that only goes to 100Hz). I'd recomend it, if you can get it used you can get some serious deals, i paid $135 for mine.
  19. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I don´t know......... but I never liked Peavey, I prefer other "bass-oriented" brands, altough a lot of people use peavey, and like it, maybe is the "what you pay vs. what you get" ratio that make it so atractive....