1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I admit, I left in a bit of a huff.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I haven't posted here in a long time. I must admit, I didn't leave on good terms - I have some strong opinions and sometimes lack tact, and have a bizarre sense of humor that some don't get and take offense.

But still, it's a fun little spot on the net, and is really the only decent resource for bassists on the web. There are good people here, and some good information if you know how to look for it.

That said, I submit an apology to any of you I may have offended in the past - it was never intentional. Also, I'd like to apologize to any mods for the ball busting you may have received from me, publicly or otherwise. As a bassist, working musician, and tech, it's important for me to not burn any bridges, even if they're only the virtual kind.

That said, I plan on posting here again, albeit in a limited capacity. I won't be bothering with anything outside of music, and probably not anything outside of the tools of making music. No OT, no Lobby... nothing that could potentially get my digital mouth in trouble.

So... what have I been up to? I've been playing in a kick ass band (produced by Keith Harris of The Black Eyed Peas) called Prototype (myspace.com/weareprototype), touring a bit, trying to put together a band, and working on my next solo record. I sold off the Strangeberger™, and are playing Ovation Magnums exclusively (for now). I also landed a job as the Shop Manager for SF Guitarworks (sfguitarworks.com), which is a top tier guitar repair facility in San Francisco. I'm still building and modding microtonal instruments for Burnt Infant, my pedalboard is starting to grow again, and I finally found a Mesa/Boogie Powerhouse Jr. RoadReady cab after looking for close to 10 years. Life is pretty damn good at the moment.

And that's about it. Hi guys.

2. Welcome back, Ben. :) I've been following your website, anyway, so most of this is not news to me, but it's good to see you around, nonetheless. I still listen to Alone on a regular basis.

3. Revvv

Revvv

Oct 31, 2007
    Georgia
    Welcome back

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Are you sure that's the right myspace link? Your name doesn't appear in the band members page, they say their from Connecticut, the people in the pic look about 16 years old and there's a link to another page of theirs that says they are now going by the name Sorera.

You still dating that chick that is out of your league?

bc

5. Thank God. I've been calling my wife Benjamin Strange since you left to fill the void. She was starting to get really pissed, but now I can go back to just saying "hey you".

Mike

6. Jonny B

Jonny B

Nov 5, 2006
    WI
    Though you never offended me, I'll accept your apology as a good will gesture.

Welcome back.

7. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Welcome back Ben. I left in a huff too, but with less extremity. I was only gone for a few weeks--this place is a habit that's hard to break.

8. I'm offended and hurt that you didn't insult & ridicule me personally. I may need to leave in a huff.

;)

9. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Oops. Links fixed.

The good doctor and I parted ways quite a few months ago. She eventually wants to have kids, and I eventually don't. So that's that.

10. And if that's too soon you can leave in a minute and a huff.

P.S. Happy birthday Groucho!

11. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    Good to have you back Ben!

12. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    Its good to have you back, i guess, though i didn't know you were gone.

Liked your contributions in them microtonal topics, though.

13. holy crap! is that a bow tie on his upper lip? simply awesome...

also, welcome back, and im of a similar mind, in that ot can get you into trouble if youve got that sense of humor that some just dont get, or that isnt pg13.

14. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    since it has been a long standing policy at talkbass to not openly discuss issues of moderation, but rather confine them to private messages with the mods/admins responsible, i have edited the OP to remove such references.

that being said, i'm really glad you chose to rejoin us ben. good to have you around.

if there's any issues, or suggestions, you'd like to share, i'm always interested in hearing from you via pm. and that goes for all you guys, of course.

15. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Welcome back Ben!

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I thought that didn't really look like your type of crowd what with one kid about to give another a noogie and whatnot. :smug:

bc

17. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    Good to have you back, Mr. Strange!

Unfortunately, you missed not one, but two fretless Dargie Bongo HHs in the classifieds :meh:

Kept my word, though, and PMed and emailed you about both :)

Hope you're doing well.

18. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

Hi Ben ...
    my name is Dave , and i'm a bassoholic .:ninja:

glad to see you again ...

:D

19. Yeah, he didn't insult and ridicule me either.
    Bloody favoritism it is! :D

20. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    I'm glad you're back. I found most of your posts very informative.