1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

i almost forgot, M.MILLER JAZZ !!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by geezer316, Jun 11, 2003.

1. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    i was at my teachers music store today and while i was playing my first RIC, a dude came in to have his bass set up and it was the M.MILLER jazz bass. it was sweet to say the least,it had the active/passive switch,3 bolt neck w/ micro tilt neck and a nice natural finish on the body with a beatifull binded neck. i seen pics before but the funky p-gaurd turned me off but after playing it i would definately consider taking one if it was given to me free:D . no really it was a real "old school fender feel". I LOVE IT,I LOVE IT ,I LOVE IT !:bassist:

2. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    I played a new Marcus Miller five string at the NAMM show in January and came away pretty impressed. My guess is I would be equally impressed with the four.

3. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    thanks Josh he is a good dude,he actually cares about music and not being "all about the money".he is a good teacher and knows how to actually teach,its more than just writing out a lesson and saying "ok learn this".when i was just starting out i recieved 3 free bass lessons when i bought my first bass(it was a promotional thing),and the dude giving the lessons did'nt have any room for a "new student" so he refered me to Mike.but during the time of getting my free lessons i also bought 3 other new basses giving me a total of like 12 free lessons,but i dis-liked the dudes manner of teaching so much that i gave him a break and did'nt hold him to his promotional contract.after meeting mike for the first time i decided not to waste my time with this other guy even though they were free.last week i seen him play when he did a little local tour with PHIL GUY(buddy's bro.)and he was phenominal,best live act i ever saw for a small bar venue,next time mike plays a similar gig we can meet up and see the show if your interested,i like to meet other bass players and talk shop every chance i get. drop me a line:D