Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i almost forgot, M.MILLER JAZZ !!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by geezer316, Jun 11, 2003.

1. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    i was at my teachers music store today and while i was playing my first RIC, a dude came in to have his bass set up and it was the M.MILLER jazz bass. it was sweet to say the least,it had the active/passive switch,3 bolt neck w/ micro tilt neck and a nice natural finish on the body with a beatifull binded neck. i seen pics before but the funky p-gaurd turned me off but after playing it i would definately consider taking one if it was given to me free:D . no really it was a real "old school fender feel". I LOVE IT,I LOVE IT ,I LOVE IT !:bassist:

2. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    I played a new Marcus Miller five string at the NAMM show in January and came away pretty impressed. My guess is I would be equally impressed with the four.

3. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    thanks Josh he is a good dude,he actually cares about music and not being "all about the money".he is a good teacher and knows how to actually teach,its more than just writing out a lesson and saying "ok learn this".when i was just starting out i recieved 3 free bass lessons when i bought my first bass(it was a promotional thing),and the dude giving the lessons did'nt have any room for a "new student" so he refered me to Mike.but during the time of getting my free lessons i also bought 3 other new basses giving me a total of like 12 free lessons,but i dis-liked the dudes manner of teaching so much that i gave him a break and did'nt hold him to his promotional contract.after meeting mike for the first time i decided not to waste my time with this other guy even though they were free.last week i seen him play when he did a little local tour with PHIL GUY(buddy's bro.)and he was phenominal,best live act i ever saw for a small bar venue,next time mike plays a similar gig we can meet up and see the show if your interested,i like to meet other bass players and talk shop every chance i get. drop me a line:D