Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I AM A CHAMPION!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Petary791, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    So I built my own pedal board. I didn't want to pay a lot of money, so my dad gave me an old briefcase of his. It's made out of EEL-SKIN! It's really cool. The whole bottom is soft velcro, and then I put small pieces of hard velcro on my pedals and put that on. I velcroed the power strip to the top of it. I have the power sources stuck on the power strip. The only problem is closing it, it doesn't just close without having to unplug anything like I wanted to. Also, it's kinda hard bypassing my BP-200 (any ideas?)

Crappy Pics!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Take everything out of the bottom, and put a piece of wood in there. Angle it towards you, and put the power supplies underneath.

3. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    Use 90 degree jacks instead of the barrel type.

4. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    my Punch Factory has a 90 degree one, but I dont' want to shell out more money for my BP-200.

Anyone have any suggestions for bypassing my BP? It's kinda hard.

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    build a little loop box. Or buy a boss loop pedal

6. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    The loop box would help me bypass my BP-200?

7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

That's what it's for. Put the BP200 in the loop and voila, bypass switch.
    [​IMG]

8. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I'm still confused, what do I do with a looper? Program one effect in it or what?

9. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Just put the BP200 in the loop and use the switch to bypass it.

10. murdermilk

murdermilk

Feb 5, 2004
    The loooper has an in, where you plug your bass into, and an out that leads to your amp. When the looper is disengaged, that is how your signal flows.

When you hit the switch, the signals goes out the hole with the triangle, goes into your effect pedal, and then goes back into the other hole with the triangle, and then that signal goes out the out jack.

11. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    +1 on the Loooper.

12. that back on the briefcase needs to lie down, during a gig it just seems like it'll close up on you while playing and you'll have to screw around with it. unscrew those joints from teh case and then it's pretty failsafe

13. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Hey thanks all for your looping help! I'll just find a link where I can build one (or buy a cheap one.)

About the case standing up: the joints lock so i'm not too worried about it falling.