i am a freaking moron

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bayou_Brawler, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    last month i bought a new MIA fender jazz bass. it's beautiful and sounded almost perfect. after a got it, set it up, and put new strings on it i noticed that the e-string sounded a lil dead and there was, what sounded like, a huge dead spot on the 5th fret. all the other strings had a lot of pop but i could hear a difference on half the frets on the e string (not a big one...just one the player would notice). i thought i had the world's biggest dead spot covering my whole e-string. i messed around with the set up which did not help. this was always in the back of my mind effecting my well-being. last night i thought maybe i got a bad string (i've never had one before but heard about em). sure enough i put on a new e string and it sounds great. my fender sounds great all the way around now. i can't believe it took me a &*%#@ing month to figure this out!
  2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Ya learn something new every month!
  3. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    "i am a freaking moron"

Yeah, but if you're good lookin' it doesn't really matter. :)
  4. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I have had this bad string before. I thought my pickup was broken because everything else seem to be fine. It was also an E string. I played the firt set with it and I thought I was going to have to slit my wrist. I put an old string on and I was ten times better than the new bad string.
  5. someone should wright a book on it
  6. Well, fortunately you didn´t do anything really stupid like sell the bass or destroy it while tweaking...
  7. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    yeah i guess not....i did call musician's freind to talk about the return policy......looked around for market prices.....would have been bad because the bass is hot..... transparent sunset orange finish way way on the red side (not much orange at all), pearl white pickguard. i feel like a huge burden has been lifted off my shoulders......i was thinking about it alot......