Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I am a newbie...be nice to me :)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by N itt0, Oct 14, 2002.

1. N itt0

N itt0

Oct 5, 2002
    Marietta, GA
    Hello all!

As the title states, I am new to the bass guitar. I have had 7 years of tuba experience, so I thought that I would try my hand at the bass guitar! I have picked up an Ibanez starter kit last week, and I had my first lesson this Saturday. So far I have gained alot of knowlege from this group so thank you all! I hope to be able to play well enough to be able to do some small gig's...but if not, oh well...no loss, as long as I enjoy playing.

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Welcome to TalkBass. You'd be surprised at the tuba-to bass player turn-over we have here.

3. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    be nice to you? and exactly why should we do that? :D just kidding.... welcome to the asylum! sounds like you have some pretty grounded goals... bass is fun to play to begin with, and if you manage to play some shows, then more pwer to you!

P@

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome to Talkbass!:)

6. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    *Nerdy voice on*

Do i search, i think you will find plenty of "welcome threads" around here

*Nerdy voice off*
    :rolleyes:
    OK im done

Welcome to our humble world!!

get out while you still can, go..now..RUN!

7. joke

joke

Sep 17, 2001
    You think kirby's kidding, after 2 weeks they throw you in a basement and your trapped forever in the world of TalkBass. Forever and ever.

8. Hello N itt0 and a warm welcome to TB.

Enjoy your time on the boards and listen to what people say. You'll soon get to know who leans towards what aspect of playing, gear, basses or whatever. There are some really top guys on here and the advice is usually honestly given and free flowing for genuine enquiries.

Most topics have been covered (in the nearly 2 years I've been aboard) so I respectfully suggest you use the search facility before posting about specifics. I also suggest a little peek at the Moderator's comment and advice post at the head of each forum.

Have fun, and nice to have you with us.

:D

John

9. DITTO. :D

10. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Howdy. :)

After you give it a spin, and decide that this place is valuable to you, don't forget to become a supporting member.

11. Groovski

Groovski

Sep 20, 2002
    My happy place
    How do :D Welcome. This is a great site, You'll find most everybody to be helpful. Later gator

12. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    d'oh!

i knew i was forgetting something...

(one of these days...one of these days...)

13. Welcome! I picked up the Bass after 20 years of tuba playing and teaching, and it is my favorite instrument! Even though I Play and teach tuba professionally, I still practice Bass more, and day dream about buying new basses, not new tubas!

Mark

14. hey quit trying to steal N itt0's light...

Welcome to the place where you shall spend most of your online time from now on.