I am a Vertical 410 Believer!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RadioactiveGuy4, Feb 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. IMG_3169.JPG So I have been wanting to go the Vertical 410 route for awhile now. I kept my eyes out for good deals and I was finally able to score two Eden 210 XLT cabs for less than 500. I took them to practice and was really impressed with the volume and the dispersion. I can't wait to try them out live in a few weeks. If any one is one the fence about Vertical 410s you should do it!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  2. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    Nice score!.
    See if you can go FOH with a long cord or wireless to hear how you sound in the mix. :hyper::bassist:

Pbassmanca and BrentSimons like this.
  3. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    Good score! 210XLTs are great cabs. One of my all time favs. Used to run a pair back in the day with a WT550.

murphy likes this.
  4. klejst

klejst Guest

Oct 5, 2010
    Downright amazing score for both cabs for under the $500 price tag, especially for Eden stuff. Usually when dealing with two 2x10 cabs I have always been suggest to stack vertical as well. I'm jealous of your purchase there.

Saetia likes this.
  5. Yes, stacking the cabs in a column like that sounds much better than the usual way people stack them. I would have never known how it would improve the sound but I read about that vertical stack here on Talk Bass and at first I thought it was a silly idea.
    But I was really wrong, it sounds punchier, has better dispersion on stage and carries farther.

Pbassmanca and Stumbo like this.
  6. esa372

esa372

Aug 7, 2010
    Vertical 410 FTW!

JazzSibs02.jpg

I don't use this rig anymore, but once I stacked my cabs vertically, the change was surprisingly dramatic. My drummer even told me that he liked my "new tone"; he was shocked when I told him I hadn't change the tone at all - he was just hearing it for the first time. :D :bassist:

7. Lex P.

Lex P. You've got it awful loud -Kathy P.

Mar 19, 2003
    MSP
    IMG_1036.JPG Indeed!

shoot-r, Stumbo, Saetia and 2 others like this.
  8. I was very happy about the cost but it took me over a year to find the second cab. I found it on Guitar Center's used site and had it shipped to the store closet to me. The cab is kind of beat but and it has that stupid parental advisory sticker on it but the speakers were in good shape and that is what matters. With the Carvin BX1500 its louder than I could ever need to be.

Stumbo and klejst like this.
  9. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

I have been stacking a pair of Acme B2 2x10s for many years now. I like how they sound out in the room and across the room. Plus it gets my amp up closer to my eyes. :)

Pbassmanca, Stumbo and PawleeP like this.
  10. PawleeP

PawleeP

Oct 8, 2012
    East Coast
    new topic pp
    rpsands said: ↑
    A waist is where your pants sit. Waste is using twice the number of speakers to achieve the same output (e.g. using lower sensitivity speakers that cost the same).

Similarly, an 8x10 design wastes the excellent horizontal dispersion achieved with 10" drivers by putting them side by side.

nice info!
    are you saying that 210's right next to each other is overkill?
    do they cancel each other out somewhat, due to the wide dispersion you say they have?
    what about bottom end, say for drop C or B tunings?
    already have 7 eminence re-branded ampeg 10's

(may be kinda like these Jammin' Jersey Music: Ampeg SVT 32 Ohm 10\" Bass Guitar Speakers #2 )
    and may just go with a wide body vertical 410.. maybe 1 chamber w dividing brace(s)
    totally unsure what size to make cab.. imagine it would not be real deep!
    rekon it may end up being slightly ported/load vented, not sure how to find t/s parameters for these 32ohm eminences's? think they may be similar to the B810. http://www.usspeaker.com/legend b810-1.htm
    (Qes) .68 Mechanical Q (Qms) 13.91 Total Q (Qts) .65
    any thoughts? the qts do look a little high for ported use? p

11. Incoherent much.

I am a 210 vertical stack believer!!

4 tens is all you need to keep up with the drums in any gig. PA support for drums and bass should result in turning down a bit indoors.

Lobster11 likes this.
  12. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
  13. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

There are many reason for using a lower efficiency driver. One is to bring forth the lows. My ACME cabs happily reproduce the fundamental of a low B string. To some this is not necessary but I like it. :)

The vertical stack of a pair of 2x10s does indeed bring back the dispersion out in the room. I have used my amp with dropped tuning without a problem.

The size of the box depends on what you are trying to achieve.

Porting or venting are part of the overall design specific that you are trying for.

If your drivers ARE 32Ω Ampeg from an 8x10. use the measurements from the 8x10 scaled for the number of drivers in the cabinet.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  14. nonohmic

nonohmic

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Stumbo and Lex P. like this.
  15. Haroldo

Haroldo Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2005
    North Shore, MA
    Are the pickles to feed the koi in the pond out back? (Also, a gorgeous set-up!)

Pbassmanca and Lex P. like this.
  16. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    Funny...when i owned 2 210XLT cabs...I tried vertical stacking and it sounded thin to me

So I always stacked them like a regular 410....sounded fatter to me

20 years ago...I did not have knowledge of cancellation......Now I know better

Pbassmanca and Stumbo like this.
  17. Lex P.

Mar 19, 2003
    MSP
    Guitarist lost his voice after a few sets on every gig we played. Pickle juice was one of his attempts to resolve the problem. It didn't and the band dispersed one show after this picture was taken.

It sounded as good as it looked. I say looked because I've acquired a REF 210 and working on a second. The 2 HD210's are gone.

18. nonohmic

nonohmic

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Can I ask the nut width of that bass? A custom 58 style P is my dream but all high end are 1.5 or 1.75. I way prefer 1.65.

19. Lex P.

Mar 19, 2003
    MSP

20. ctmullins

ctmullins Dominated Gold Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2008
    MS Gulf Coast
    I'm highly opinionated and extremely self-assured
    Forgive the slight necro-thread, but I recently became intrigued by this idea, so I decided to build me one. Today I'm staying home from work so I can rattle some dishes with it (it's working!).

V410_0222.jpg

Four Eminence 2510-IIs and a switchable horn. Just wide enough for a Class D amp. Integrated casters/skid rails/handle on the side. 60 lb / 27 kg. 51 in / 130 cm tall. Cabinet tuned to 50 Hz.

As an added bonus, I can use a hanging String Swing to hold my 'birds:

V410_0223.jpg

Putting the finishing touches on it this weekend - just corners and grille left to install.

Now all I need is a nice loud gig!