I am about to buy an Ibanez Fretless Roadstar II, what do you guys think of that bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Squnk, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Squnk

Oct 20, 2002
    I have asked many times about what bass is right for me and I only would go by how the bass looked and never got the chance to play any of them. But now I found what I think is my Ideal Bass, The Ibanez Roadstar 2 (fretless). I have had a Squire Affinty P-Bass I have had for 2 years, I been playing on and off for a couple years and finally think I need to take that step and get a new bass. I just want to know what you think of the bass or if there is anything I should know before I buy it. Thanx for your help!
  2. RED J

RED J Play what you want how you want & quit arggerin ! Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2000
    There are several basses that have the Roadstar II name on them. You will probably have a better chance of getting ann accurate answer if you describe the model you have.
    The one I am familiar with is a fretted slab body P type with PJ pickups, passive.The rythym guitar player in my band owns it and I LOVE this bass. It is a maple neck,fairly fat and wide and the pickups are very well balanced.They will give everything from a real fat classic P bass tone to bright and twangy. Very responsive to variation in attack, position, etc as you play.Now I know a fretless is a whole different beast, but if it is nearly as good as this one, go for it. The most important thing is if this bass speaks to you and is the one YOU like and want, That my friend is the whole deal.All I can tell you is someday I am going to find a bass that my friend will take as a trade for that Ibby with the pregnant pelican headstock.He is okay on bass, but he can't get all the gusto that is inside this fine little monster that a real bass player can. :p

RED J :D
  3. Squnk

Oct 20, 2002
    Thanks for your help, I think I'll go for it and get the bass. And good luck to geting you guitar player's Roadstar, you know he dosen't need it!
  4. Off to Basses.

5. Squnk

Oct 20, 2002