Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I am adding an extra cab to my TNT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mike Money, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I think it needs a little bit of help with the lows...

It is 150 watts alone, and 200 watts with at 4 ohms with an ext. cab.

I am thinking either a 2x10 or another 15.

Which would be better? (I'm thinking 2x10 because 200w probably is not enough to drive 2x15's.)

Also, could you explain ohms to me? I'm forgot what they were and how watts changed with ohms etc...

2. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    You could drive a 15" speaker with it, but adding a 2x10 might give you better highs.

Ohms are resistance. It's sort of like a garden hose-if you squeeze it, less water comes out. If you let go, more water comes out.

I believe the TNT puts 150 watts into 4 ohms, and 200 watts into a 2 ohm load. If you hook up a 4 ohm cabinet, your amp now oputs out more watts, because the ohm load will be halved. Less resistance means more power. You just always have to remember-NEVER run an amp below it's minimun impedence load. When you lower the resistance, you get more power, but you get more heat, because your amp is now working harder to put out that extra power.
    But with Peavey, I hear they run a 2 ohm load with no sweat-the one's designed to run at 2 ohms.
    Hope that helps.

3. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I have a Peavey 210TXF cab (VGC) that I'm thinking of finding a new home for. PM or E-mail me if interested.

4. I want a Peavey TNT115...how much you pay for yours?

-Jon:oops:

5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    It was between $600 and $700... maybe down in the $500s somewhere.

Me dad bought it. I am not really sure.

6. I'd suggest maybe just finding a 1x10 or 1x8 cab, which would really add highs to the 15"