1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I am amp chalenged

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 2BitBassPlayer, Sep 29, 2001.

1. First of all i know nothing about amps.

Right now i have a squire jazz out of a peavey basic 50, in a few days im getting a mia fender jazz. My thought is to trade in the squire and jazz in on a new amp so i can have the full potential on my new bass. I hope sell the squire with case and amp for as much as i can, hopefully about $500 canadian. It turns out that ill have some cash left over from the mia jazz, up to $250 canadian possible more. Right now i play mostly blues in a small band. My peavey has enought power to cut throught the guitarist amp, but i don't know if's enought power to play shows. I haven't tried anything out yet. I was at the store a few days ago and saw a few fender bassmans, what does everyone think of these? The Bassman 100 is in my pricerange. What else is out there for around 500-700 candaian. (less then 500 american)

2. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    SWR LA-15, Carvin PB-200, Hartke Kickback, Fender Bassman 100, Ampeg BA-115, Gallien-Krueger Backline... to name a few.