Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I am an addict

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lakerkobe, Jul 29, 2002.

1. lakerkobe

lakerkobe

Jun 17, 2002
    Portland, OR
    So I am always looking on eBay for good deals on basses, and once in a while I put in a bid just in case... and once again I won one. I need to stop this.

2. I was to Addicted to eBay....Now it's time to sell all the stuff I don't use or need. I think I bought 7 basses over the last six months:eek,, I now have ten Basses. I want to try to only have three basses...I remember when I was happy with just one good Fender. It's going to be hard getting rid of some of these, but not because they are not fine basses it's that I like them all except for my latest perchase, A MTD Kingston 4... Someone here has over hiped these big time. It has about the same tone(nasal honk) as my Fender MIM Jazz with only the bridge pup on. The neck is ok but not as nice as Fender Jazz IMO..So the Kingston is the first to go... then my MIM Jazz, And maybe my MM Stingray...I hardly ever get on eBay anymore......Thank God!!!!!

3. Ah ha. I can't wait until I have the money to put in a bid! Then I'll be just like you guys.;)

4. I do a lot of ebaying too. I try to stay away from high dollar items and stick to accessories. But on those $1 no reserve auctions, I'll put a small bid on the way off chance no one else bids. It'd be nice to get a nice bass for just over the price of shipping. :D

Too bad it hasn't happened yet. :(

5. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    You could try the "Gar-Fish" method (a nuisance Ebayer), which is to low-ball bid every single auction that interests you without intention to buy or bid up to reserve price. That guy has ruined more good "Buy It Now" deals than anybody I've ever seen. That might cure (or feed) your addiction, but it also might get you widely despised...