1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I Am Asexual

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Casting Thunder, Oct 28, 2013.

1. THand

THand

Jun 9, 2008
    HOLLA!

I'd much rather spend my time developing and enjoying an actual meaningful relationship and don't subscribe to the Quantity over Quality concept...I guess I'm just weird like that.

2. TBOT is the perfect place for this thread. It is Off Topic.

I can imagine what the OP would run into getting responses elsewhere online. If the first post of this thread was placed on Craigslist, the OP would receive emails and texts of people's junk. If the OP went to a web forum specifically created for her issue, she wouldn't find exactly what I think she was looking for; a group of people responding that aren't here only because we're asexual and may or not be perverts.

I've been trying for over two years to be asexual because I'm aging (only 52) but have no desire for a relationship. The last one I had was the ONE and everything else would be second best and pale in comparison.

I suggest if topics like this don't agree with your idea of what the TBOT forum is, then don't click the title. I never visit threads that don't interest me. It just seems to make sense that way.

3. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    My earnest question for the asexual people - do you feel more productive or focused than your hetero/homosexual peers?

4. MetalSearGolid

MetalSearGolid Cyperpunk Cowboy

Aug 29, 2013
    Michigan, USA
    It's just to instigate conversation and maybe find others who identify the same way as OP. I know I'm definitely far from asexual, but I've got a few friends who do identify the same way and I understand the benefits of such a lifestyle. You never have to worry about catching a disease and you don't have to worry about accidentally having a kid among other things. OP is young (20 I think) and has all the time in the world to find someone they want to give themself to.

5. Shardik

Shardik

May 24, 2011
    Halden, Norway
    I see your point. Still, my response is a valid one. She asks about opinions. Well, my response is indifference. I guess I should leave this thread and post my "I don't like bananas" thread now. ;)

6. Casting Thunder

Casting Thunder

Oct 7, 2012
    I don't, and from what I've read on the AVEN forums most agree.
    This is still TB, so I believe the proper response should be carrots. ;)

7. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    You're allowed and encouraged to familiarize yourself with those instructions and basic functions prior to putting yourself in a situation that may be less... focused.

Not picking on you, just trying to be a responsible voice. No one should be putting on protection for the first time during their first time.

8. Good for you OP! more folks shouldn't, there would be less mistakes.

9. I've never tried heroin, do I have to try it before I say I don't want it?

10. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Because; you know, heroin and sex are pretty much the same thing.

11. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    You shoot, you score, you take a nap afterwards.:|

12. Anything that you could experience could work, really. It doesn't even have to be that extreme. Shoot, I know I don't want to jump into a pool fully clothed and I've never done that before. If it's something you don't want to do for whatever reason and have no interest in, why do it (assuming there is no immediate worthwhile benefit)? It's unnecessary.

13. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    No, but you do have to try it to say you dont like it ;)

You should give it a try, you dont know what youre missing!

14. MetalSearGolid

Aug 29, 2013
    Michigan, USA
    Heroin/Sex/Jumping into a pool fully clothed are all the same thing. They are awesome. Except the heroin is actually a bad thing. Also I've never done heroin because I know I would probably love it.

15. I can't even deal with getting splashed with tiny amounts of water while clothing, the last thing I wanna do is be soaked, haha.

16. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    All the more reason why you should give it a try. Challenge yourself, push your limits. Do something youve never done before.

Ive also avoided heroin for similar reasons. Ive taken and enjoyed several forms of opiates. Im a bit lucky in that I dont seem to have an addicitive personality.
    Ive tried a few bad things, and moved on from them, but Ive seen others utterly destroyed by them.

17. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Speak for yourself, I find the discussion interesting. Feel free to move on to other threads.

18. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    I'm just struggling with the whole sex is bad/"yucky" tone this thread has taken.

That is an opinion. One which people are certainly entitled to.

My opinion is the opposite.

Sex is not bad. Maybe you could argue that's a fact. Maybe it's more appropriate to say that sex is healthy or has health benefits is a fact. My opinion is that it sex is not bad.

Sexually abusing people is bad; but sex isn't bad.

Being irresponsible with your sexuality can lead to bad consequences but sex isn't bad.

Having a low self esteem can lead to poor choices regarding sexuality and that can lead to bad consequences, but sex isn't bad.

I guess I'd just hate to see people deny themselves one of the most pleasurable and beautiful things that we have as a species because we are too preoccupied with the risks.

If we are just turned off by the whole idea of sex/have no libido/aren't ready; that's fine, I get it and by all means, wait until you are ready (that whole self esteem thing).

But please, get it out of your heads that sex is bad.

Sex is wonderful.

19. MetalSearGolid

Aug 29, 2013
    Michigan, USA
    I have a very addictive personality. I've bordered on alcoholism a couple of times, but have since learned to manage my drinking and I don't even drink that much anymore. I don't like how opiates make me feel, unless they are making physical pain go away. They make me sick though, and my body develops tolerances to drugs slowly so I prefer to stick to stimulants if I do anything. I'd rather have the energy to lift a tree than sit on my couch and nod off playing video games.

+1. I'm enjoying the discussion as well, if you aren't interested, why not start a new thread or read something you are interested in?

20. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    I've never tried heroin because back in the day when I did recreational drugs, that one seemed too dangerous for me to dabble in. I would imagine the high is along the lines of feeling orgasmic, though. So that would qualify more as a fear of trying rather than instead of a lack of interest. To make the analogy to the op, she simply has no interest. She doesn't experience the arousal that leads to experimentation. Simple enough to understand, I think.