I am being "ridiculous" says ebay seller!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stinsok, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I purchased an item two weeks ago. There has been no item, no tracking number, no reply to my inquiry. Sooooo, I open a resolution center case.

That got his attention. He wrote:

"SMH, What a huge inconvienance. I have never in my life had anyone do spomething like this in all my years of Ebay. ridiculous on your part."

It's a small item and he doesn't even have to leave the house to mail it. SMH!

2. Morning Beer

Morning Beer

Oct 2, 2009
    Cleveland
    I had this happen to me, but it was after 4 weeks and for a Warwick. Let'em whine. Your doing nothing wrong. 2 weeks might be a bit soon, life does happen. I don't understand why people have such a hard time with shipping on time. I always have my stuff ready if I know it's gonna sell.

3. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Sell on Sunday, ship on Monday.

4. i have had some rather long delays....but usually the seller posted that he would be out of town and would ship so-and-so date....and he always did

personally, i would have contacted him FIRST and asked what the problem was...but that is just me

YOU did absolutely nothing wrong....he is lucky you did not leave him negative feedback

as an aside...i've always believed that once you pay through paypal, the seller should no longer have the ability to leave YOU negative feedback...thus eliminating the mutually assured destruction option...but that is off-point

i would say 2 weeks is far too long, absent extenuating circumstances, and if he does not like it, let him ship sooner.

davesignatureII-1.png

5. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I did contact him after 8 days and asked about the item. No response.

6. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    No. he's being ridiculous. 2 weeks is too long.

7. eyeballkid

eyeballkid

Jul 19, 2009
    I've sold hundreds of things on Ebay and here. item is always shipped same or next shipping day with correspondence in between to let seller know as soon as I received payment. two weeks is lazy.

8. dls119

dls119

Jun 27, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    You are not wrong. When I sell on ebay, I ship the next day and update tracking info immediately. If there is some reason I can't ship within one or two business days, I contact the buyer. The few times this has happened they've always been cool and appreciated the communication. I generally expect the same of other sellers when I buy and I'm usually on them if they take more than 3 or 4 unless they state otherwise in the listing.

9. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I have a couple of times when something came up during the auction period that would not allow instant shipping. Being sent out of town with work, or some other unforseen circumstance, etc. but I put that in the auction description.

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Like a few others here, I ship the same day or next day after I get paid. I don't get people who don't.

I didn't put the item on layaway, I bought and paid for it. It's now mine, so ship it to me already.

-Mike

11. Worldeeeter

Worldeeeter Inactive

Mar 29, 2010
    Asheville, NC
    Write a negative review of the seller. There is no gunshot that rings out louder than that. I have had people jerk me around on eBay; I write a negative review, and they line up to make it right. Discounts, money back..you name it. If the seller relies on eBay as a source of income (as opposed to a one-off sell), they will straighten right up when you give them an F.

12. I ship ASAP, here or in ebay deals- & I inform my buyers of when I receive payment (even if they get automatic notification), when I intend to ship(ESPECIALLY if there is even the SLIGHTEST delay)& when I actually ship. If anything, I tend to become annoying w/overcommunication. That's how I would like to be treated:)

13. flbass82

flbass82

Apr 3, 2013
    Florida
    I always ship right after I receive payment. Depending on the time of day, that might even be on the same day. If something was happening in the seller's life to prevent shipping on time, a courtesy email or message goes a long way to cut down on the stress of the buyer.

14. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD

May 20, 2005
    I don't see what's so hard for people to understand about prompt shipping. Unless you're in the hospital (and if you are, you shouldn't be selling stuff on ebay) and have no friends or family to run errands for you, I don't see any reasonable excuse for not shipping within 1 business day of the sale.

15. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I never actually learned to play very well
    Sellers can no longer neg buyers:

"Sellers aren't able to leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers. That means sellers need other tools that will protect them against unfair treatment from buyers and bring those buyers to eBay's attention."

http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/sellerprotection.html

16. MegaSwing

MegaSwing Your Obedient Bassist® Gold Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2002
    Baltimore, MD USA
    What balls! I'd do what you did. By the time two weeks have passed, I'd have gigged with it a couple of times, but (wha?!?) it hasn't even been shipped? That's grounds for all kinds of dissatisfaction and very lame. Take it out on the seller in your feedback. That is exactly what it's for.

17. tinman 1967

tinman 1967

Mar 6, 2010
    Thats right, I have sold hundreds of motorcycle parts on E-Bay. As soon as the item is payed for, its shipped... most of the time, the same day also. I always send tracking info ASAP also. Like you said, treat others the way you would like to be treated! :)

18. What sort of MC's are we talking here? You sound like the type of Ebayer I want to know. I have a dirt bike, wanna get the kids and wife into it.

(Pardon the sidetrack- tin man, feel free to PM your info if applicable- thanks!)':D

19. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab HELIX user & BOSE Abuser

Feb 11, 2004
    Texas
    GAME ON.
    Seller is ridiculous.

As a seller: I ship items as close to the NEXT day payment is received as possible.
    As a buyer, the same is expected UNLESS the ad states otherwise.

Opening a legit case usually does get their attention.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021