1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I am extremely lazy...

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by kugelspot, May 2, 2010.

1. kugelspot

kugelspot

Jun 8, 2009
    ...And my teacher wants me to pick 3 songs that involve tapping from each of the following bass players:

Victor Whootan
    Stu Hamm
    And 1 other bass player (I'm thinking Michael Manring)

Remember, the whole reason we're doing this is I'm not very good at tapping and want to get better, so nothing insanely difficult.

2. on 4 string ? maybe some tony levin

3. Victor Whootan? Never heard of him.

4. hey jonathan have you heard a bassist named Rob Van der loo ? hes from the Netherlands too

5. kugelspot

kugelspot

Jun 8, 2009
    Wow I totally mispelled that. I meant Wooten.

6. queevil

queevil

Aug 6, 2009
    Waco,TX
    Well, it's not a Stu Hamm original but Moonlight Sonata seems like it's not as technically demanding as some of his other material. However, I'm just starting to get into tapping so I could be wrong.

7. Beginner Bass

Beginner Bass

Jul 8, 2009
    Round Rock, TX
    A&R, Soulless Corporation Records
    Moonlight Sonata is complex, and a pain to read (too many accidentals), but not too fast. The rythym is straight 6/8 eighths, but coordinating the nads and having them all on one board is tough.

8. Your nads shouldn't be on the board, hahah. Anyway, have you considered doing some basic piano/keyboard to get hand independence?

9. perfektspace6

perfektspace6

May 9, 2006
    Maryland
    This is the track you want. Lot's of fun to learn and you can break it up into manageable pieces. Should improve your knowledge of chord structure as well. Did this with my bass instructor many years ago and it was a great experience. I still have the notes.

10. GianGian

GianGian

May 16, 2008
    Country Music by Stu Hamm is very fun. It involves slaps too.

11. stu hamm does a cool cover of the charlie brown theme, playing the bassline with his left hand and the melody with his right. have to be very independant with your hands.