1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I am falling for a Schecter 4 string bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Glenn Taylor, Mar 2, 2013.

1. For Years I have played on a Fender Jazz bass and a Yamaha 5 string. They are nice, but but this Schecter diamond series is light weight and the neck is thin. Easy to play sounds great with the two emg pick ups. I just bought two vintage Ibanez Musician basses recenly that I fancy. But the light weight and great neck action is changing my thinking about playing bass. I will get my Ampeg V4 head back next week and give it a shot. Anyone try a schecter diamond series? here is a picture. Aaah Let me Know ? Glenn.

Attached Files:

2. rocmonster

rocmonster

Oct 31, 2011
    I played a Stiletto Studio version as well as a custom (it looks like you have a custom pictured) recently at a local shop and liked them both. The only construction difference between them is the studio is a thru body neck and the custom is a six bolt. I loved the neck and the modern shape. The fit and finish were very nice for both. If I had some cash I would have bought one right then and there. Schecter sports some mean basses with excellent bang for the buck.

3. Me being in my mid 50,s I dont play all night clubs too much. Usually a original set or two or do recording. Way back I had a blonde fender telecaster bass years ago that was heavy. If my jazz bass is 13 lbs the tele must have been 16 lbs. The schecter is about 8 lbs. Not that weight is always a big deal. I need a valve replaced it my heart next month. After my body is running better I might not care about the weight so much.
    Also I own a recording studio and just finished a blue grass project with no drums in it. I can,t wait to lay some bass track down with some drums. GT.:bassist:

4. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010
    I have a stiletto Extreme-4 that I love to death. Nice thin neck and very solid construction. What you have pictured is a stiletto custom, I think.

The Extremes have a 6-bolt neck and Schecter electronics which are basically EMG clones. They also sport a high mass bridge and a pretty thin gloss poly finish. Very light basses with a great sound for such little dough.

EDIT: btw, for a while some of them had a ridiculously ugly "diamond series" logo in huge font on the headstock. Just so you know if you see that if you were planning on looking at used ones. Thankfully mine doesn't have this logo on it.