1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I am GOD to automobile marketing researchers.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Dec 8, 2006.

1. I'm 24, male, college-educated, live in southern California, and bought my car new and paid it off a year ahead of schedule. As such, my phone rings off the hook every year during auto show season--which is starting a month early now that the L.A. Auto Show is in December--as market research firms try to get a hold of me so they can put me in focus groups. They pay $50-100/hour, and most of them are within a 15-mile drive of where I live.

Anyone else been in on these? I did a couple in spring '05--including a session in which members of Mazda's design team came to my apartment and oohed/aahed my FBB--and one earlier this year. I'm doing at least one this coming week.

Oh, and before anyone else says it: "Ooh! Gum 'n' Nuts--together at last." :D

2. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    FBB?

3. Bass.

That sounds sweet. Thats the position I hope to be in in about 4 r 5 years.

4. That would be the bass in my avatar.

5. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Sounds like a cool side gig.

6. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Poops, I'm aghast!!!!!

http://www.fbbcustom.com/

One of the best custom handmade basses for the money, mine plays like butter on cinnamon toast on a warm summer day!!!!

7. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    They should do that with with other things... like super models... somehow...

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Does being questioned by those overweight "business school" grads at the mall count? How about when you pass the trial questions, and get to go to some back room and try those chalky fruit drinks? :p

-Mike

9. steve21

steve21 Banned

Cool... but... why in the world did they change LA Auto Show time? Because of those rat bastards me and my dad can't go this year... first time in like... 10 years. :(

10. I think it's actually a good idea, because the LA Auto Show is now by far the most prominent show--if by sole virtue of being the first in the season.

Los Angeles has long since displaced Detroit as America's capital of the automobile, even though Angelenos actually drive less per capita than the US average due to the region's very high population density. Art Center College of Design in Pasadena is the world's leading producer of automotive designers. Every major automaker has a design studio within two hours of downtown Los Angeles. Nissan moved its US headquarters to Tennessee recently, but that's mainly management stuff--design still goes on down in La Jolla.