Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I am going to kill my guitarist.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by PeaveyTNT, Oct 13, 2002.

1. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    USA
    My band is just starting out and I am already on the vurge of murdering my guitar player.

We have a song that he wrote, he changes the beat everytime we play it and he ends up way behind me and the drummer or way ahead...

he then yells at us because he claims we are playing it wrong...

we try to tell him he gets off beat because of the wierd arse strum pattern he insists on using...

and then he just gets mad and tries to blame on the drummer who just magicly is on the same beat as me.

bah!

2. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    If the guy's that incompetent why not just find another guitarist to jam with?

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    you treated me with a gun in the last thread...

so yeah, you are a highly dangerous potential murderer...

4. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Well, you are playing it wrong!

:D :D :D

5. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    USA
    he is the drummers older brother...

we are not playing it wrong... me and the drummer play it the way we did when we first created the song. the silly guitarist just cannot seem to remember the beat and takes it out on us.

there is only one person that i would shoot right now.

some dude that threatened to kill my sister and 2 of her friends... 1 of whom he was stalking... if he steps foot on my property, i will shoot him... not to kill though, i would shoot him in the spine or something so he is a gimp for the rest of his life.

Notice: PeaveyTNT's statement in this post in no way reprasents the feelings of talkbass.com. The statement is not a threat towards the mentioned person. Simply a warning.

6. It says you live in Bakersfield California but I know your a Texan at heart =) And as for the guitarist if you can play a guitar and he can play a bass switch parts temporarily and/or do some recording. Its much easier when your in the other persons shoes.. maby he just cant keep beat or maby you... (wait your the guy with the gun, you must be right :D ) Just try recording helps everyone hear where the problem is then it can easly be fixed through progressive recordings.

7. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Come on, dude -- I was joking with you! How would I know whether you were playing it right or wrong?

;)

And your guitarist, right?

;) :D

8. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Damn, you caught me in mid-edit!

But -- guitarists are never, ever wrong -- just ask one!

9. LoL hategear your a nut. I mean that in the nicest way possible too! :D

10. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Thanks, man! I like nuts too.

11. When the guitarists I have delbt with mess up from what i can recall they are "improving" the song. :rolleyes: Simply a way out of having to say "darnit wrong key!" So you make a strong point lol. But I still think that recording is the key to solving the problem. Or possibly a duel at noon at the local saloon. 20 paces and all that good stuff. :D

12. Bring a tape recorder. And just in case, a gun

13. bprestonjr

bprestonjr

Oct 11, 2002
    lancaster,ky
    all my bfriends are guitar players that's why i play bass be couse i have no sexual hangups

14. bprestonjr

bprestonjr

Oct 11, 2002
    lancaster,ky
    was that afroidin slip?imean friends

15. Shoot'em:D ;)

16. bprestonjr

bprestonjr

Oct 11, 2002
    lancaster,ky
    shoot'em all 6-stingers bite