1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I am happier than Scott Zoltok...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Cameron, Apr 4, 2006.

1. because I just found out that I have one less worry.

MY BRO IS BACK FROM IRAQ!!!!!

Well, okay, he's not my blood brother, but we joined the same scout troop when we were 12 and have been friends ever since. We had out Eagle Court together. After high school he joined the Marines. Spent a tour as Presidential Security (which was WAY cool) then another year as a trainer at some boot camp, then for the last year he's been in Iraq on the Syrian border chasing insurgents.

Well all though that he was coming back on the 14th. I guess he faked us out, though, because I got an phone call from him saying that he just checked in at Camp Allujian (military people, spelling?) somewhere in the Carolinas. He gets to stay there til May 23, when his enlistment is up, then he comes HOME.

Damn, I've been so worried. Everytime the local news says something about "another dead local Marine" I freak out. But he's back. He's back, he's promoted, and he's decorated. He's leaving as a Staff Sergeant, and somehow got himself a Good Conduct Medal while he was over there. But right now I'm just glad he's home safe.

To which I must add that I hope ALL of the guys over there get home safe. I would really prefer that the guys defending my country STAY ALIVE. It's hard to defend something when you are dead.

Rock on
    Eric

2. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005
    That's good to hear. I have so much respect for the guys overseas right now. They're doing something I don't think I could ever do.

3. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Great news!

This is really turning into a good day all around! :D

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Glad to hear your getting your buddy back Eric :)

5. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Thats awesome! I have a friend joining the Marines (boot camp next year instead of college). Now that your friend is back, whats he going to do? Im just curious what people do straight out of the army.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Congrats! My oldest friend is over there now on his second tour.

bc

7. You won't believe this. He wants to become a real estate agent. This is so bizarre. He has Marine boot camp, (no picnic) Secret Service training, spent time as a DI, and took a tour of duty in combat in Iraq, and he wants to come back and sell property.

He's gonna be one TOUGH negotiator, I'll tell you.:D

Rock on
    Eric