1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

i am in a pickle!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SiReZ, Oct 8, 2009.

1. SiReZ

SiReZ

Jun 21, 2009
    i recently purchased a MIA fender Jazz, i love it no complaints but my favorite basses are modulus & EBMM.i go to a guitar shop and they have a modulus flea bass & a stingray. i ask the guy how much and he says 1000 for the stingray & 1300 for the modulus. now this is alot of cash for me seeing as i just coughed up cash to buy the jazz, but if you were in my situation, would you trade the fender towards 1 of the other basses or keep what you have??

2. bui

bui

Feb 24, 2009
    Texas
    If you really like either of those two more, then I would sell the Jazz (you'll likely get more that way compared to trade-in value) and buy the bass you like more.

3. funkout5

funkout5

May 19, 2009
    Suburbia, USA
    i would keep the jazz, alot more versitile..

ive been tempted to trade my MIA jazz for a ray many times... and i am sure glad i didnt

just remember the grass is always greener on the other side

4. steve f

steve f Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Toxic, Maryland
    Try to figure out what fits your needs best.
    You can get a Ray in great shape for ~$800 second hand.
    I'd keep the Jazz and start saving for a used Ray (or Bongo).
    But that's just my taste.
    A Ray can do close enough to a Flea bass for my needs and a whole lot more.

5. robert43

robert43

Jun 5, 2007
    Australia
    Very true I have found out the hard way.
    Keep your Jazz for 6 months then If you really want a Stingray etc , save up & buy it, then you can have both & if you still want to get rid of the Jazz sell it.
    There is allways Stingrays here , ebay & cl for sale.

6. Keep the Jazz. It will do all you need. If you want one of the others, start a layaway.

7. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Avoid doing a trade-in: most likely you will end up losing money compared to if you sell it on your own first.. . unless you are not eBay savvy or don't have the means to sell it online (in the classifieds here, for example), and a trade-in is the only solution.

And, like others mentioned, you could also be patient and keep the Jazz, and buy the other bass when you've saved enough. StingRay and Flea basses are abundant.