Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I am in the Lakland club now.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ODDBALL, Aug 5, 2005.

1. ODDBALL

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    I have been waiting for 4 months for my Lakland 55-01 with NTMB upgrade to get here. I just got it today, and man is this thing perfect. Great tone all around and that B string goes on forever. I love this bass, worth the wait. I am going to give it a work over tommorow. I would post a pic but I do not know how to. :hyper: :bassist:

2. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    Congrats man! I really dug my 55-01 when i got it too. It's a great bass, especially with the NTMB.

3. congrats, that is an awesome bass.

4. el_Kabong

el_Kabong

Jul 11, 2005
    is that a sh*t eatin' grin I see there Oddball?

5. ODDBALL

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    It sure is :D

6. djcruse

djcruse

Jun 3, 2002
    Norwood, MA
    Congratulations.

7. eldave777

eldave777

May 24, 2005
    Excellent choice.

8. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I'm waiting for FedEx as we speak. 44-02 fretless.

9. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Congratulations Oddball. I got mine last week, it doesn't have the NTMB, so it's not a versatile, but I really like the bass alot. It is really put together well.

10. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Congrats!

I got a 55-01 10 days ago in a trade. The sound of this bass is very clear and articulate, more so than the other basses I own or have owned. My Sterling comes the closest. I am very impressed with how well defined the sound is. Anybody care to comment on any differences soundwise between the Skylines and the American made basses?

11. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Well they don't make the 55-01 in a USA model so that can't be compared. But as far as Skylines and their respective counterparts, the difference isn't as much in sound as it is in aesthetics and playability. US models have more options for finishes, better tops, and other appointments. The US necks are better in my opinion. As far as tone though, I had a 44-02 and a 4-94 and my ears didn't experience a difference as much as my eyes and hands did.

Congrats on joining the Lakland club. The great one will be sending you instructions for the secret handshake after you have completed all stages of initiation. ;)

12. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    "Thank you sir, may I have another?"

13. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    a few more threads like this, and i will also be a member of the lakland club... gassin for a 3tsb 55-94...

14. ODDBALL

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    I am all ready gasing for a US model. :D Man these are Badazz basses. Anyone that does not have one better get one. Like I said the B string goes on forever. I am going to be playing all night, keep the people up next door. :bassist:

15. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    alright u done it... im placing an order with bass central on monday :scowl:

gas gets us all some time...