1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I am Looking at getting a ZOOM B2.1U.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kynoch, Mar 8, 2008.

1. kynoch

kynoch

Jun 28, 2006
    I am Looking at getting a ZOOM B2.1U Multi effects unit.

Does anyone have one???? Do you like it??? Is there anything better in a simular price range. How was it live??? etc etc

I would very much appreciate any comments/advice.

Thanks

2. I like it a lot. I had the 706 a couple of years ago & liked it but it was a bit flimsy. The B2 is much beefier(heavier, feels more durable). I'm not good at navigating menus & other digital stuff, but Zoom stuff is easy for me, both editting & using live. I use mine as a DI & tuner, & sometimes for the chorus and/or compression. It's quite fun to play around with, & I suspect I'll end up using more of the various effects. The one weakness for me is the echo/delay; there's nothing in the way of analog simulation.

3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I have one that I use as my USB interface and I love it for that. Bought a Lexicon Omega recently and couldn't resolve latency issues I was getting with it. Switched back to the ZOOM. I think the effects are cool, only used it a couple of times at rehearsals (I'm not much of an effects guy). They work great on recordings though - I go in direct and get some real punchy sounds. My only problem with the zoom boxes is as already said that it's a hassle changing programs. If you're using it live you can only click up or down one patch at a time. Not that huge a deal if you line up whatever you plan to use.

4. I've had mine for a month or so now and am really happy. It is working out just fine for recording and also for live work. The surprise for me are the synth sounds quite usable especially mixed with the other effects.

5. Can it be used as a headphone amp?? Does it have headphone mini jack or just a 1/4" output??

Thanks in advance :)

6. The normal 1/4" output doubles as a headphone output and it works brilliantly.

...and all of that information is easily obtainable from the manufacturers website!@!:)!!!:ninja:!@:spit:@!