Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I am moved to tears!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Here is an online reveiw of one of our shows. It's like I always say, a good bribe goes a long way! :D I'd love to know who wrote this:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I headed upstairs to see El Pus, who the Atlanta Journal-Constitution touts as the next big thing to come out of Atlanta. (Why i am trusting their word on this i have no idea!) This is a sort of rap/rock fusion act. They had two rappers, a guitarist, a bassist, and a drummer. The bassist was playing supple, yet complex, things that were simply amazing to hear. He might, in all honesty, be one of the best bassists i have ever seen live. No joke -- the man knew what he was doing with that instrument, and it sounded great. The rapping was okay, and the drumming was pretty good, but the guitarwork is what most struck my attention (after the bass). When i got to Heaven they were already playing some sort of mellow rock tune with rapping. Then they did another very similar tune that really shined for its nice bass line. Then they covered Billie Jean for a bit, ended it suddenly, and went into a hard rocking tune wherein it sounded like the guitarist was playing the riff from Iron Man. Then it got even more interesting when one of the rappers grabbed a guitar and the band tore into a loud and fast song that sounded, by god, like a long lost Dead Kennedys' tune. With rapid-fire rapping! YEAH! Very awesome.

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    What? You wrote this review didn't you?

:D

That's awesome man! Proves that some people get what we are doing? :D

3. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Dont be getting a big head on us now Wood. :D

4. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Pimping your own coverage?

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    I'm sipping from a jewel encrusted goblet as we speak! :bassist:

6. Congrats on the good review. That's awesome.

7. NICE!

8. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Hahaha... Well, congrats...

9. cosmodrome

cosmodrome Registered User

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    that is some compliment woodchuck, congratulations. if u make it big and come around these parts i'll be sure to go check El Pus.

why don't you go sign autographs and give em to strangers and say 'hold on to that, it's gonna be worth a lot money someday'. i do it all the time :D .

10. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    There's a world famous person that did that, but I forget who it was.

11. cosmodrome

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    so where can i hear some of your stuff?

12. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
  13. i have a relative (an artist) who doesn't go around giving autographs, instead he draws a really good pen drawing on one of the napkins and leaves it as a tip!

btw, congrats woodchuck on the cool review, i'll have to see you next time you come through northern wisconsin...

14. cosmodrome

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    great stuff, a lot of creativity, specially the vocals. way better than most of the crap you hear on the radio nowadays. i really like night train. keep it up man, BE the big thing out of atlanta.

15. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Thanks! I appreciate that.

16. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    So...... any plans to stop stealing the show? Better not let the rest of the band read that review. Oh the Jealousy.........

17. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    That is the kind of review any bassist wants to hear. I look forward to seeing you guys soon. Congrats!

18. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    That kinda rules now, doesn't it.