1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I am not worthy of the instrument I just managed to acquire

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Eminor3rd, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    Oh. My. God.

I fell in love with a bass the other day, and somehow managed to scrape up the means to purchase it. I had to trade in three basses and still pay a lot, but it was never really a matter of "if," rather "how" I was going to pull it off.

I've never had such a tonal and tactile epiphany as sitting down with this bass. My first 5-string, and the first 5-string I've played that felt right. I cannot possibly imagine anything in existence being more in-line with my personal tastes and preferences.

Behold, my new Pedulla Thunderbass:

308625918_1050882019_0.

308626151_1050882872_0.

The cell phone camera doesn't do it justice, but then, anything short of sitting down and playing it never will. Serial number 6387, which makes it a 1996 model, but I don't know much else about its specs. I'm guessing it's 19mm spacing, because it feels right to my four-string hands. Pedulla is closed until Tuesday, when I'll call on my lunch break to learn more.

Anyway, everyone I tell about this says something like, "You traded in three for one?! That makes no sense!" Or, and this is an actual direct quotation, "Ok, what's the difference between one guitar thing and another?" So I felt the need to share with you guys because I know you'll understand my excitement.

If you have any info on the woods or electronics in mid-90's Pedullas, please let me know :D Thanks for reading.

2. iskbee

iskbee

Aug 1, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    That's an awesome bass enjoy it great catch nice grain :bassist:

3. Eminor3rd

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    Thanks man :D

4. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    Wow. She's pretty :)

5. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    What'd you trade for it?

6. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    +1

7. Eminor3rd

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    1999 MIJ Precision Lyte Deluxe
    2002 Ibanez SR400
    2001 MIM P Bass

and cash, of course.

I kept my 2003 MIM Jazz bass, because I need a rock-y four stringer for the obnoxious powerpop band I just joined.

8. You're right! You're not worthy! :)

So send it to me. I'm not worthy either, but it might make you feel better...

Beautiful bass, enjoy it!

Got any sound samples?

9. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Major congrats on finding "your bass"...that is a GREAT feeling - insn't it!???

Looks sweet and I bet it sounds even sweeter! You will love the extra range the 5 string gives you...

10. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Gorgeous Bass! (You will) ENJOY!!! :cool:

11. Eminor3rd

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    Thanks guys! I just finished up a little solo piece I've been working on, so I'll post sound samples as soon as I get my friend to record me.

12. cigi

cigi

Aug 22, 2006
    That's a beaut!

I understand you completely. I'm selling al my basses to get a lakie. Probably a 4402 or a DJ4.

I'd rather have one bass I love then a few I just like.

Great buy!

13. I love zebrawood tops. :D

14. Very nice! Pedulla seems to get lost in the :bag: hype :bag: of some of the more popular boutique instruments as of late.

Your trade-ins were martyred well. :)

15. MHLakland

MHLakland Registered Bass Nut

Aug 13, 2008
    Florida
    Congrats!

It's never a matter of being worthy, it sounds more like you found the bass that's for you. One that you did anything to obtain. It's always a great feeling when you get that bass that you knew was meant for you.

16. magickbass

magickbass Guest

May 24, 2008
    From my eyes, worth every penny. Wish we could here it. Enjoy!

17. Eminor3rd

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    Agreed 100%. Definitely post pics when you get your Lakland!

Me too! I wish I knew what it was made of. I think the body is maple, I wonder if the top is, too.

18. whyseye

whyseye

Mar 3, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Exactly!!
    I had the exact same experience a few months ago.....and it just keeps getting better.

Congrats on finding your instrument!!

19. Eminor3rd

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    Thanks guys! You all make so much sense. It's nice to be reassured; everyone around here has just kind of been shaking their heads at me, lol.

I hope so! They weren't high end basses or anything, but I had become pretty attached to a couple of them.

20. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    That's a beauty! Play on. and enjoy every note.