1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I am now a bassist.

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by EricssonB, May 24, 2011.

1. EricssonB

EricssonB

Apr 5, 2011
    CoSpgs, CO.
    I've been perusing these forums for a few months now and I'll say that reading about folks' different experiences on bass has motivated me to study a wider variety of technique and style. :D

- I focus more on what I'm playing and how I can improve as well as reach into different styles to augment mine. It's been a great period of learning after what had been a decent plateau.

- I respect the attitude with which most bassists regard their practice in contrast to most gui****s that I know- great phrase, really. :spit:

I started these forums playing guitar/bass about 60/40 and since 04-05-2011 I've moved the curve to about 40/60. I'd probably consider myself more of a bassist now.

So, I'll now call myself a bassist. If someone asked me to play in a band, I'd probably opt for bass. :bassist: