Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I am now in the Rickenbacker Family owners !

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Turlu, Apr 7, 2001.

1. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    I just received my Rickenbacker Bass yesterday !!!

It is a Rickenbacker '88 model 4001V63 mapleglo. This Bass could almost pass for a year 2000 release because of its mint condition.

For those who know Talkbasser "Bassman", he is the one who sold that beauty to me. I highly recommend him if one of his Basses for sale are of a possible interest to you.

As a big Fan of these Basses for long time, I now can say that I have a gorgeous instrument with a unique sound.

I want to thank "Bassman" who was really kind and professionnal during all the dealings and TalkBass who linked both of us together.

:)

2. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    welcome turlu!
    and don't forget that rick is amazing and strange!
    tha love/hate feeling with rick is at maximum level!

3. So post a picture of it!! Let us all see

4. welcome to the family

5. Right On!!!

I hope I can join you in the Ric Owner`s Club in the near future.Love the sound of them! Post a pic,eh?

6. Does JT still have his old Rick's?

7. I think so, he doesn't throw away any of his basses, even if he has retired them

8. I wonder how much they're worth... maybe more than some of his Conk's?

9. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    To Turlu - I'm glad that you are happy with the bass. It is an amazing instrument. You caught me just as I was having a weak moment, or else I wouldn't have ever let "this bass" go.
    Enjoy and take good care of it.
    Cheers

If anyone's interested, I have a real nice Reverend Rumblefish 5L with the black body and silver pickguard available for sale. I bought it new last July (2000) It comes with a Black Tolex Type Hard Shell Case. Both the bass and case are in new condition.

10. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    how much is the reverend?

11. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    Here are some pictures of the Rickenbacker 1998 4001V63.

12. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
  13. looks very nice, now that you have had it a couple of days are you still in love.

14. Welcome to the fold brother.
    Ricks are great basses and offer a multitude of sounds.
    String it with Pyramid flats for that McCartney sound or put roundwounds on it for the Squire piano tones.
    It's at your pleasure
    Enjoy !!!

15. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Congrats!!!!!!!
    Adding a RIC to the stable is a great addition I couldn't live without mine now that I own one.
    I have been playing mine about a year and I never get sick of it they are great basses. I switch off between the RIC and the 77 MusicMan talk about to totaly opposites:D

16. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    Barroso - I'm asking $495.00 for the Rumblefish-5L which includes the case.
    Cheers

17. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I'd be interested myself, if it wasn't a 5 string. Sorry...

18. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i'd really like to buy the reverend, but unluckly i live in italy. this means a lot of taxes for duties that come from outside europe...****!
    i think you 'll sell the bass without troubles at that price