I am now the most hatefilled being on earth... HELP!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Matt Till, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    MY AMP IS SCREWED!!! My mom babysits 7 absolute monsters and now... my amp is broke!!!! ahhhhhh!!! Alright, here's the deal, I have a Fender Bassman 60 Watter and now occasionally the volume either just drops very low or sizzles out and dies. I know it's not the cables because I've tried all of them and they didn't get to my cables. When I got to my amp all the nobs were cranked and it seemed to be free of apple juice. It is offical I hate children. Does anyone know how to fix this?! Is this a common occourance?! Is murdering children really a crime?! HELP :( :( :(
  2. submelodic

Feb 7, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    I would highly recommend taking the amp to a qualified technician for a thorough check. Then plot your revenge.
  3. Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    i know exactly what you mean.. my ma' has 8 little demons upstairs right now.. the yelling, the screaming, the little hands that do so much damage.. dangerous situation.. dont hurt them..;) :rolleyes:

do you have any money? were you looking to upgrade anyway?
  4. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    make the kids start working in a makeshift child labor camp to pay for your new amp. Put those caffiene soaked bodies to use.
  5. i would say, "mom your little hethens f*cked up my amp.. you get to buy me a new one. Pronto!"

and if that doesnt work... Take the little ones hostage and demand a ransom.
  6. Lady Jayde

Lady Jayde

Jul 17, 2002
    Child labor camps may work... but just be carefull when they come out... they will be strong and on a rampage..
    Good luck on getting it fixed
  7. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Sounds like your mom is a "daycare provider."

She should write off the cost of your amp on her income tax as a "business expense" and buy you a nice, new, amp.
  8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Hmmm. My four-year-old helps me set up and tear down. She also helps me solder my cords. Sounds like a little training is in order for your particular group of heathens.
  9. lost_in_space

Nov 16, 2001
    eh eh eh

my son punched holes in one of my amp's speakers using a pencil - what do you think of that ?

i had a similar problem with a marshall solid state combo that i used to own. the problem was traced to a defective fx loop jack and cured by spraying lotsa contact cleaner into the socket and plugging in/out a jack several times

maybe the kids didnt do it after all...

generally you should keep your equipment away from those little fingers
  10. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I think your anger is misguided. Unless one of them turned on the amp and stuck a metal object in the input jack, it isn't likely that they messed it up by simply rotating the pots with the power off.

Didn't you say there was no sign of something spilled on it?

It is most likely that your amp failing is a sad coincidence.

For the safety of the little ones as well as your amp, make sure you leave it unplugged.
  11. :eek:

so, how is he liking the orphanage? ;)
  12. Lady Jayde

Lady Jayde

Jul 17, 2002
    ouch... that is harsh.. just chain the kid to his bed.. that way he can't come near the amp.
    I love being the youngest. :D
  13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah, I'm taking my amp to get fixed and bad news, my mom won't let me kill the kids :( . But I don't think she'll notice if I put a little anti-freeze in their Kool-Aid... well as long as it's blue Kool-Aid.

Alright... there is a slight possiblity that they DIDN'T do it... but... it's easier to believe they did it. I'll have to see what's up with it when the amp guy fixes it. On the plus side, if it's not fixed on time for my next gig, the lead guitarist was the old bassist and still has an amp. So if my amp isn't fixed, I'll get to play through a better amp... but I still want my baby back (baby back baby back... chili's... etc)

Bar-B-Q Sauce.