Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I am officially a QOTSA fan.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Droog, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    Holly crap guys. I think Queens of the Stone Age kick ass. I did not know their stuff very well and the singles have not done a whole lot for me but after seeing them live with NIN in Sept. I have been digging them more and more. They kicked ass live, so I got interested. The new Live DVD/CD is awesome. I will own all the albums! Just bad ass straight ahead rock, great musicians and great tunes.

Just wanted to share. Oh yeah, the bass lines kick ass too!

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Strange, most QOTSA live performances would turn me off to them completely. In that case: GET THE "RATED R" ALBUM. Most Queens fans on this board would tell you it's their best. It's certainly the most diverse.

3. I saw a live performence on directTV's freewiew, and it looked kinda like a low key show, but i like their music, and their new bass player is pretty good on guitar too :)

4. Rated R and Songs for the deaf are their best.

I have a video of them playing in a very small club unplugged (well, half unplugged) and it's really really awesome.

5. The first three kicked ass, Lullabies .............bah they need Nick back...