I am officially Cool!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BigWig Will, Jan 22, 2003.

1. This came yesterday:

Dear Will,

Congratulations! It is my great pleasure to tell you that you have been admitted to the September 2003 entering class at Hampshire College.

:D :D :D
  2. BassWizard55

BassWizard55 Guest

Dec 21, 2002
    Rome, Ga
    As a member you are responsible for knowing, understanding and adhering to all of the FORUM RULES prior to posting. You will be held accountable.This is one of the most important guidelines in the forum. Talkbass is a disparate group of individuals. Members from Talkbass are from most every part of the planet. The part of that guildeline that reads “If you do not agree with a fellow member, be courteous in your reponse.” This rule will be taken very seriously. Always be respectful and kind.

Dont be making comments like that

Quotedfrom Jazzbo's post on forum rules in OT
  3. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Hampshire? Oh my... I visited there during my class trip. I... well, lets say I have a less than favorable opinion. What drew you to it? Why did you like it? I thought the art program and some of the facilities were cool... I'll save my blow-by-blow until you reply. Regardless of my opinion, it is a very difficult school to get into, and I congratulate you. Good job Will!
  4. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I live in Hampshire. The original one, in England, though :)
  5. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Sounds like someone didn't get into cosmetology school.

Congratulations, Will. :)
  6. rustyshakelford

Jul 9, 2002

Amherst is a wonderful place to go to school.

Study, learn, contemplate.

You will have a wonderful time.

7. iplaybass- Hampshire is definately the kind of place you either love or really dislike. It is weird, but that's one of the things that drew me to it. In addition, I liked the academic freedom. I had no clue what I wanted to major in and I thought Hampshire offered me the most oppurtunities to experiment and figure out how to tie all my interests together. I started being interested in Literature and History, then Sociology, then Physics, Oy Vey!

Thanks everyone! Can't wait 'til Sept! MMmmmmm. I can almost taste the cafeteria pizza now. :D
  8. You don't want to taste cafeteria food. I have yet to eat well at our cafeteria.

And you might wanna practice getting your alcohol tolerance up ;)
  9. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Haha... well, I would agree with that assessment. The thing I did like about the school was your ability to take classes at any of the 5 Colleges and get a totally customized degree that way. Too ultra liberal for my blood, at any rate. The only thing I can't get over is the soundproof yurt. I couldn't believe it. A soundproof yurt. For $35k a year, they could get a recording studio.;)
  10. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    What a stupid comment. I tried to laugh at it, find something underneath it, can't ,,,,,this person must be a dufus. or a BAD example of sarcasm.

Cool beans dude on getting to college. hope it's fun!...oh

And i hope you learn something to;)
  11. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Note to self: Basswisser doesn't know how to use this ":D ;) :p ". and even if he did, it would be rude, and stupid. Ok ok. I'm done. i promise mods.
  12. Congrats on the school...thing.

I be all ejdumicated as well. Learned real good.

And, we now know you should...indeed...watch out for your bunghole. You know.
  13. odie

odie Supporting Member

Basswizard if it was up to me you would be out of here!!! Trust me this is beyond a warning!

Everyone else, remember do not engage a troll or flamer, it makes a thread go down hill when you all are bickering. Report the post and ignore. If not you create a lot more work, along with having to edit the trolls posts plus all the quotes and comments from others. It is Heroic that you try to defend someone but in the end it doesnt work.

Thank you,
    Your friendly trash remover.
  14. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
  15. SO they finally installed that Crossdressing course in Hampshire! Way to go!
  16. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Skool iz gud 4 lerning!!!! I go to colelge adn look how edukatid I am! lol...Congrats man, you'll enjoy the freedom of scheduling your own day!:D
  17. odie

odie Supporting Member

By the way congrats!:)
  18. Awwww, Odie did such a good job that I missed all the fun stuff...[sulk]

Congrats Will! :) They let you take any class from any of Hampshire's colleges regardless of which one you're actually in? That rocks, I wish they'd do that at Michigan; there are barely any cool music classes I can take here because I'm not in the music school...
  19. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Way to go, stud. Congratulations.
  20. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000