1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I am out of GAS.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by the harp unstrung, Mar 28, 2015.

1. the harp unstrung

the harp unstrung They’s only two things that money can’t buy... Gold Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2014
    On The Bus
    N.A.
    With the purchase just yesterday of a bass...the idea of that bass...I am complete. We own 8 bass guitars now...a big amp (in the event I ever get called upon to use it again), an SWR LA15 that I've never really been forced to challenge; just so much headroom and tone...an autoharp, and about 100 hand drums, and shakers, and rattlers, and rollers. I hope that I'll always be free to buy a pair of clicking sticks or a rattle made out of the toenails of llamas, but I can't see past this guitar to a day when I'll need to have another. Each of them is very special in its own way, and its own place along the timeline. The one that is on its way is a 1969 Univox copy of an EB-1! It's beautiful! It's important in that it falls into the 2nd position; the 2nd bass I ever owned. Played it for 3 years, 1971-74...and those were very, very good times! I traded it toward a matched Traynor head and 2x15 bottom...bright silver! I stepped up to a 4001 and parted with that pretty guitar. Now one very much like it...same year, same model, lots of zeros in the serial number...is on the way!
    With the addition of that guitar, both musically and esthetically, I am out of GAS. :)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  2. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Pittsburgh PA USA
    Congrats!

You do realize that TB is the "GAS station".

47th Street likes this.
  3. You know the rules - no pic, no new bass.

4. the harp unstrung

the harp unstrung They’s only two things that money can’t buy... Gold Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2014
    On The Bus
    N.A.
    Perhaps by Wednesday. Perhaps this will hold us over... ? 01010601150001161220080902e91500c292e593ee88006a94.

geeza likes this.