1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I Am Pre-Gibson Tobias #1402 - Have You Seen Me?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bryan Beller, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Bryan Beller

Bryan Beller

Mar 30, 2012
    It's been a while since I posted here. Bad, bad bassist. Hello again everyone.

Someone suggested months ago that I should take a shot at this, and so why not. This beautiful 1986 Tobias Basic with a lacewood maple top was stolen out of my apartment by a building maintenance worker in 1994. I bought it three years before and it was my #1 at the time I first moved to Los Angeles in 1993. The serial number is #1402. Somehow it never turned up at the local pawnshops, and since this was the pre-internet era, it's hard to know what happened to it.

23 years later, it's entirely possible that this instrument has ended up in the hands of someone who has no knowledge of its troubled provenance. If that person happens to be you - I will gladly pay a fair price for it. It's more than likely that the instrument stayed in California somewhere, but you never know.

What say you, TalkBass community? Any chance this shot in the dark hits light?

Thanks all,
    BB

Attached Files:

evilgus likes this.
  2. songwriter21

songwriter21 Involved with two girls. Cirrus and Milly. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Geez, man, you've had some bad luck with your gear. Aside from this one, has anything else turned up?

3. Bryan Beller

Bryan Beller

Mar 30, 2012
    Not really, but I have some nice new ones now. Thank god for insurance. Still, not recommended as a first course of action!

songwriter21 likes this.
  4. Maybe you should post this in "Lost and Stolen Gear."
    It's within the Classified section in the Bass Guitar forum.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  5. Bryan Beller

Bryan Beller

Mar 30, 2012
    That's a good idea - why didn't I think of that? :)