Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I am SO digging my SABDDI

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Flatwound, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I'm using the SABDDI as a preamp, and I think I'm going to chuck my rack stuff. There is an amazing range of sounds available from this little box, as well as a really cool (for me, anyway) overdrive. The "natural" compression that it has is killin' as well.

Right now, I'm using it with both Bass and Treble just short of 12 o'clock, Presence about 12, Drive about 1 o'clock, and Blend about 2 O'clock. This gives me (with a Precision) good mid-range thump 'n' bump along with decent definition and depth.

It's going to take a while to really see what all it can do, but this is definitely a cool little box. I like it straight into the PA and/or power amp (i.e. no bass head).

2. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    could you overdrive a poweramp with just the sabddi?

3. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I don't wish to overdrive a power amp. However, you can drive a power amp with a SABDDI. The overdrive I'm talking about is a function of the "Drive" control built into the SABDDI.

4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    There was a post in another thread a few months ago detailing how to change a resistor within the Sansamp BDDI so that it could properly drive a power amp by itself. A search should find it.

5. My bass in your

My bass in your

Nov 1, 2003
    Holland
    That's allmost the same as I use it.
    :D :bassist: