I am so psyched!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ocelot_ark, Jul 16, 2002.

1. ocelot_ark

Apr 12, 2002
    I just scored a SWR Henry 8x8 for $261. I'm incredibly happy, expecially since my budget was only $300 and I was just HOPING to get a decent 4x10. Now I get a badass Henry, and the best part is: NO SHIPPING COSTS, the guy lives just a couple of hours away.

My joy...
  2. I'd say you got a hell of a deal!
  3. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    O.k so now you are officially hated by everyone here. No just kidding, you're unofficially hated by everyone here. No seriously just kidding. That's a great deal. Congrats. I bet your neighbors are gonna be lovin' you :D
  4. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    yes i would say that is a sweet deal. anything nice like that being grab for under $500 is a sweet deal..

and for the record I do hate you :D
  5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Yep, you're hated. 'Fraid it's true. :D ;)
    Nice score on that one...I've been looking into them lately, look like some mighty fine cabs.
  6. That's a good price considering the described condition. Just make sure that you don't pay for it until you see it and play through it to make sure ALL 8 speakers work. I'd be cautious of his negative feedback status. The 8x8 is a great cab.
  7. ocelot_ark

Apr 12, 2002
    Yeah, I'm not worried about the negative feedback, since I'll be picking it up in person. If it looks like crap, I just won't pay the dude. I appreciate your jealousy! LOL... It was just dumb luck. I actually did a search for SWR instead of just browsing and this thing popped up, dude should have listed it under amps...probably would have got almost double of what I bid.
  8. ocelot_ark

Apr 12, 2002
    Here's more fuel to make you hate me. In order to justify getting this cab, I decided to sell my Workingman's 2x12 (yes, they did exist at one point) on ebay. Set a Buy it Now for $275, hoping someone would overbid. Within 24 hours...it's been sold. So...basically I'm trading in a decent cab for a "pro" AND making $14. I'd hate me too.

Next up: Gonna sell my 5string Schecter DeLeo and get a 4 string...Hope my luck lasts!
  9. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Stop it. Stop it
    Teminator voice on:Now we must hunt you down: Terminator voice off
  10. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Son of a B****!!!!

nice score:D
  11. ocelot_ark

Apr 12, 2002
    Picked it up today, and...It's perfect. this thing looks brand new. Love the sound, didn't think it would have this much bottom. Now all I have to do is find a decent power amp for cheap.