I am soo happy!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by B8ssMan89, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Well, I went to a local family owned music store. And bought a used bass. It's a Squire II P-bass. It's in a red finish, maple neck and fretboard. Everything works great. The E tuner needs to be cleaned badly. There are a few scratches here and there. Great tone, IMO, the pickups are a tad bit weak though. But, I only paid $100 for it.
    But, I plan on some major upgrading. I'm gonna throw a badass II bridge on it, and put some SD Quarter Pounders on it. And shield the control cavity. Also.... refinish it. I'm practicaly (sp?) gonna make it look like Steve Harris' bass. Blue flake finish, and a black mirror pickguard. I can't find a red wine mirror pickguard. Also, I'm gonna sand off the Squire II logo, and have.
    Powerslave in the Maiden font painted on it. Since someone off this board already took the name "The Trooper" :spit:

I have 2 questions, does anyone know where I can find a red wine mirror pickguard? And, will a standard P-Bass pickguard fit the Squire II?
  2. That's going to cost quite a bit of money.

Good luck.
  3. I have a good friend who's dad is a luthier, and he said he'll install everything, shield the cavity, and refinish, for a real cheap price.
  4. Is the red mirror that bright? I want a more darker red, without going to a tort guard
  5. RoVaughn

Oct 8, 2005
    Go to Jeannies Pickguards the custom make them with whatever you want.
  6. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Nice to have a hook up to get some work done cheap!
  7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I want a Squier really bad. I don't want to have to take my 98 MIA Jazz on flights anymore. Since they cracked down on gig bags in overhead bins, my only other option is to check it in a hardshell case, and if I have to do that, I'd much rather do it with a Squier. Really, they're not bad basses at all. Put a less noisy pickup on it and it's actually a pretty good bass.
  8. That's great - I hope it turns out well. Be sure to post pictures when the job is done.
  9. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    UP THE IRONS! Post a pic when you finish your bass!! :hyper: