Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I am such a hypocrite...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tash, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    After all my posts here criticizing Guitar Center and swearing I'd never buy anything from them again, I went to GC to look at a guitar preamp and ended up walking out with....

A brand new M-Pulse 600 and Powerhouse 410!!!!!

This is my first new bass amp in a long time and I'm really pleased so far. Its warm and lively without the mudiness I usually associate with tube amps. It has incredible volume (its uncomfortable to be in the same room wwith the master about 50% and its not even pulling the whole 600 watts yet), and I haven't even begun to dig into the parametric EQ yet. The compressor is great too, really smooth and leaves the tone intact but makes it noticably more even when active.

The Powerhouse is easily the best 410 I've ever heard. Tons of bottom, perfect clarity and punch from my low B and great projection in the upper range. I will probably be teaming it with either a 115 or a 210 shortly, probably the later because I really don't see myself needing more lows.

I've very happy and Guitar Center has redeemed itself in my eyes due to the help I got with this amazing amp.

2. Hey, congrats on the new rig! :bassist:
    Mesa Boogie make some great products.

It's good to hear a good story coming from GC, they seem to get a bum rap in the personal department.

3. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    I love the GC by me. The people are all nice and some of the girls look pretty good. Theyre semi-knowledgable too.

4. playmybass

playmybass

Mar 28, 2004
    Tucson, Az
    1) How much did you pay?
    2) PICS!

5. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    1) ALOT!
    2) Soon as a get a camera.