1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I am the biggest D-bag on TB

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Bassist4Eris, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Frat-Pack Sympathizer

I found this old gig pic a few days ago. It's from '07 or '08.

Barefoot? Check.
    Shorts? Check.
    Hat? Check.
    Tye-dye shirt? Check.
    Sunglasses? Check.
    No, I mean dorky clip-on sunglasses? Check.
    Too many strings? Check.
    Too many bass players in band? Check.
    Playing above the 12th fret? Check.

Top that, Talkbassers! :D

_MG_465520copy_zps97a9a505.

2. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 Groove it

Ouch! That's painful.

3. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    And the gui****'s giving you the fish eye. Epic!

4. skychief

skychief

Apr 27, 2011
    South Bay
    Too many strings? Sorry, pal.,,, Im giving you a break on this one. This is a new day & age. 5-strings completely acceptable. Now, if you had a 6-string...

5. Bassist4Eris

It's hard to tell from the pic, but that's a sixer. Here's a better photo of the bass itself:

SANY5334_zps4f273a10.

6. You certainly are the cream of some crop. Or, the dregs of the crop. Or, something like that.

7. hahahaha, I lost it at "playing above the 12th fret"

HAIL ERIS!!!!

8. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Surely you guys have seen the error of your ways by now and made a complete recovery. At least I hope so. ;)

9. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Yep. You pretty much set the D-bag bar VERY high. Maybe if I prop my foot on the monitor while playing and do ALL of the stuff you did at the same time I can top it.

Naaaaaaah. You pretty much clinched it.

10. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

Coulda just said "Carvin: check."

J/K

11. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    At least you have hair, are not obese, and do not appear intoxicated. Three big wins! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :D

...and you have an outdoor gig in a coniferous forest!

12. petrus61

Wow...I just realized looking at that ibanez that I saw you guys do an open mic at Red Square in downtown Albany about 10yrs ago. 99% it's you!

13. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I can't tell with the hat on...but if that's a mullet under there, that really takes the cake!

14. Bassist4Eris

Holy small world after all, Batman! We definitely tested our wings as a band with some open mic appearances, including some at Red Square, around 2006.

15. Bassist4Eris

Sorry, no mullet. My hair is all one length, worn 99% of the time in a ponytail.

16. Bassist4Eris

Well, now that I've discovered Talkbass, I only play sunburst P-basses with tort guards and flats, or natural-finish Foderas (depending on the thread), through either no effects at all, or a huge pedalboard full of obscure boutique pedals (depending on the thread), and into an Ampeg with an 8"x10", or a boutique head with matched, vertically stacked 2"x10"s (depending on the thread). And I never, ever slap. I swear... :D

17. skychief

skychief

Apr 27, 2011
    South Bay
    Grrrrrrrr...

Do not pass go... Do not collect $200.

18. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I'm not understanding any of this. You appear to be fine.

19. petrus61

Your drummer plays Yamaha. I think that says it all.

20. Nagrom

Nagrom

Mar 21, 2004
    Western Canada
    My finest hour:
    Bar gig, big stage, big PA. LIghts on, sound up. Bass live & DI'd, volumn up.

I turn towards the mic for final adjustment. I whack it with the bass. Mic flies out of the clip, hits the stage, big noise, bigger feedback. I grab the mic. Guitar strap fails, bass bounces off the stage. Big Twang. I grab my bass, step on the cord, unplug it. Big Thwap.

Song Starts.