Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I am the first DUTCH Lull bass owner!! JOEPIE!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by soulbrother, Mar 2, 2002.

1. ..........at least I think I am! Just traded my Lakland Deluxe 55-94 in for a Mike Lull modern 5V. This bass ROCKS, really. It has that real Fenderisch vibe but plays and sounds much better than any Fender I have ever laid my hands on. And the B string sounds very hefty because of the 35" scale. This bass is the ONE for me; I want to grow old with it.

2. Yes it is the gold one!!

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    congratulations.

i'm guessing "joepie" is pronounced "yipee" :D

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Congrats! They are incredible basses! Like an idiot, I sold mine. One of the dumbest things things I've done, bass wise.

5. " joepie " is sort of the same as " yahoo " / " woopie " / " yeah baby yeah "

just a random expression of joy :D

6. Gefeliciteerd! Enjoy it !

btw. Where did you buy the bass? here in Holland?

7. Cool, go PSV Eindoven, hehehe, Van Bommel!!!!!

8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i was hoping that was the case. otherwise, as much of a pie fan as i am, i wouldn't want to know the ingredients of that particular pie. :eek: :D

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    :D :D :D

10. I have always liked Lulls and Sadowsky. Ever since I heard a Lull compared to my Jazz V (that I promptly dumped). When I get around to getting a J bass, it is gonna be one of those 2. But most likely a Sadowsky.

Geoff

11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I concur.

12. I used to live in Holland when I was a little kid...It was cool...at least as far as I can remember

13. I bought it at Paul's Bassmatters, Nijmegen. He has got another 5 string, very similar to mine, but in 3 tone sunburst with a rosewood neck. Also a very HOT bass. Listen to me: BUY IT!!

Groeten, Werner.

14. I played a Sadowsky as well and I find the price difference between the Sadowsky vintage 5 and my Lull modern 5V too big, in comparison to what you get. I don't think the Sadowsky is better than the Lull anyway. Lull is more like a "perfect" Fender while Sadowsky is more like a...........Sadowsky! Lull appeals to me more; it's just a matter of taste.

15. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    MA
    Wow! That is just about a perfect description...I have both a Lull VJ4 with Bart added by Lull and Sadowsky VJ4. Problem is I can't make myself part with either. I'm partial to my Sadowsky, though.

16. yeah I would buy it if I had the money :( seems like a pretty cool shop though Bassmatters, gotta go check it out someday.....