I am the proud owner of a Streamer Stage II.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Onesidezero, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Onesidezero

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey guys! Just blew all the money I had on a Warwick Streamer, and it looks like an early one! Brass nut, EMG electronics, D-tuner...is this pre-'91? The Truss rod cover doesn't even say "Stage II", just "Streamer Bass". Here's a pic (apologies for the large picture):

2. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    ooh, that's a keeper right there! congrats!
  3. Congratulations.
    If you want to know how old your bass is, check the serial number. The # on my Stage One ends with "91", which leads me to believe that it's made in that year. Also, the tuners are stamped with "W", and "West Germany", while the battery/electronic compartment cover says "Made in Germany". These are also clues to when the bass is made, i e early nineties.

Concerning your bass, I don't know when Warwick stopped using EMG:s as standard pickups, but the Stage Two I've played, which must have been a late eighties/early nineties, specimen, had MEC:s, just like my bass. Yours could still have been ordered with EMG:s, no matter when it was made, though. Same thing about the D-tuner. I don't think Warwick ever put anything but standard tuners on their basses, unless it was a special order, obviously. So no clues there.
    And, BTW, the truss rod cover on my bass only says "Streamer Bass" (in small print, under the Warwick logotype) as well. Don't know about the newer models. Maybe all Streamers, both BO and NT, share the same truss rod cover? Please enlighten me on that one someone (nudge, nudge Warwick5s... ;))

BTW, does anyone know when Warwick started making two different Streamer versions (maple vs Afzelia instead of just cherry body/wenge neck)? My guess is '89 or '90, but it would be nice to know for sure.
  4. joel

joel Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2002
    I have a SSII 5-string thats a 2002 and on the
    truss rod cover it says "STREAMER STAGE II"

5. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    my 98 says "warwick - the sound of wood" but mine has the snap out truss rod cover.

but yours is way earlier and has the screw on truss rod cover, so it definitely should say "warwick streamer bass." all of them that i've seen from that era say that. d-tuner is also a pretty common thing to find on 4 string ss2's.

your serial number should look like XXXX-XX with the two seperate digits being the year. so that will answer all your dating questions.
  6. boomerang

boomerang Guest

Dec 9, 2001
    <Groundskeeper Willy voice on>

Thas a nice Warwick

</Groundskeeper Willy voice off>
  7. Onesidezero

Mar 13, 2002
    Thanks everyone! I think I got it for a killer price, especially considering it appears to be an earlier Warwick....I'm psyched though - what can I say, it's my dream bass. :cool: It may replace my beloved Thumb Bolt-on.......who knows. Thanks again guys, and hey - I know there's a eleventeen-bajillion page long thread of Warwick pics, but if you guys have pictures of your SS2s, drop 'em here. [​IMG]
  8. Onesidezero

Mar 13, 2002
    Bump for more comments.
  9. I'm still a bit curious to know how old your bass is. What does the serial number say?
  10. Man!! That's BEAUTIFUL~!!:cool:
  11. Onesidezero

Mar 13, 2002

Actually, I bought it off ebay, so I won't know until it gets here. I'm very interested too! :)
  12. Aha, that explains a thing or two. So, when will you get it, and can you actually stand waiting that long? ;)
  13. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    welcome to the club to you too onesidezero. we warwickized ourselves quite at the same time!!

14. Onesidezero

Mar 13, 2002

I'm thinking about a week and a half to 2 weeks.....and no, I can't wait, I want it NOW :mad: