Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I am thinking about an EBS Multicomp...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by pmkelly, Dec 23, 2001.

1. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    ... So someone try and convince me why I shouldn't get one. I am pretty convinced that I am going to get one, I just want to hear if anyone has had any bad experiences with it... also if anyone has positives about it, the fire away with those as well! Thanks...

P@

...I just wanted to find out about EBS pedals, if you don't know anything about them, it's OK to say so... I can live with your inadequacies.
    :rolleyes: edited by me 12/25/01, 9:15 pm CST

2. I've tried one once.. they're very nice.
    But i didn't get one because they're way too expensive here.. they're about $ 170 here..

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    They're about $170 pretty much everywhere... and they're worth it. IF you like the idea of a user-friendly, great-sounding compressor in a stompbox housing, of course.

4. Anybody know what the bassist from The Cardigans uses on the song "Love Fool"? It sounds like bass synthesizer or maybe Mutron? but I could be wrong.

Thanks

5. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

6. i have absolutely no idea... i talkeda bout monty python because someone said atleast EBS and the Cardigans are from Europe... pythons from Europe too so i had to join in the fun...

7. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    hey guys, thanks for all the valuable input on EBS products...:rolleyes:

BTW, I got the "Holy Grail" DVD for Christmas, but I have to pay for the EBS pedal myself... I need to find out what people think. I would really appreciate it if you guys could take this over to off-topic...

P@

8. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I did find the EBS site, and the audition stuff is pretty cool.... I was looking to see if anyone had a long time experience with the pedal... I will probably get one soon, I just wanted to hear what people say about it. Sorry for the way I posted on all of this, I just don't like seeing threads get runaround on... BTW, check out the special edition of the "Grail" DVD... it has way too much cool stuff on it!

P@

9. =^..^=

=^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    Just caught up on this thread - I've had a Multi comp for about 5 months now. nice enough pedal - I tend to use it in 'Tubesim' mode. You can set it so that it does the typical compresser thing where it flattens everything and takes all the dynamics out of your playing, or dial it in so it really just takes the tops off when your belting the hell out of your bass at the end of the night (or is that just me).

Nice enough pedal - better than most other compressers I've tried as you can set it so its hardly noticeable. It works, it hasn't gone wrong, if it went on fire I'd buy another...

Post back what you want it to do and I'll see if I can get mine to do it...

10. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    hehe, did a mod catch our posts Geddy? and delete them?

anyway, I have no DVD player so I have it on VHS, still the greatest movie of all time (or not, but damn close)

and pmkelly, tell us how you make out, and If it is good or not, I am considdering the RNC mainly cause I wan t rackmount

11. Yep, it's my job....pmkelly asked me to try and steer this topic back to the actualy topic, and not Monty Python. No hard feelings :)