1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I am very much in love!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LuckyPants, Mar 12, 2008.

1. LuckyPants

LuckyPants

Mar 7, 2008
    Dublin
    I found this beauty the other day and I cant get it out of my mind, I look at basses and think yeah theyre nice, but rarely I look at a bass and say :eek: I NEED IT!

http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_deluxe_pbass_special_mn_bp.htm

It has everything I want in a bass at the moment:
    -Precision
    -Maple Neck
    -Awesome Colour
    -Active
    -Jazz and P bass pickups

Anyone have one/had one? Is it worth starving myself for 6 weeks in order to get money?

2. That IS an awesome color combination! Maple neck, P body, P&J Pickups. Sounds perfect to me! :bassist: That's nice that they have a 30 day money back guarantee as well. I'd do it.:D

3. JayAmel

JayAmel Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Carcassonne, France
    I personally don't like that colour combo at all, but if YOU love it, that's the only thing that matters.

BTW, these MIM Deluxe Special P's are EXCELLENT basses.

4. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    Also, Lucky Pants :)D nice name), Thomann are (IME) a great company to deal with (how good it feels to be able to say that for a change :smug:).

I order a lot of stuff from them and they always deliver quickly, with no mistakes and no fuss. Their main competitor here in Germany are a company whose name I probably shouldn't mention (although it sounds a lot like "Music Productive" :p) have managed to screw up just about every order that I've ever placed with them.

So, I hope that Thomanns' UK operation are equally effective, if you plan to order it from them :).

Cool bass too, BTW ;).

5. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Yes, yes you do! :D

6. afireinside

afireinside

Jan 3, 2008
    Michigan
    wow I can get one used locally for 250.00 but no maple neck......

7. Montego Black with a black pearliod pickgaurd. MMMMMMMMMMMM

8. LuckyPants

LuckyPants

Mar 7, 2008
    Dublin
    Thanks for the advice man! My friend orders a lot from Thomann and hes bever ever had a problem! Only problem for me is that they don't do cash on delivery! I normally use another German company, MusicStore, they also are a very reliable company!

I am going to clear out my crap tomorrow to see if I can raise some funds, It won't be today,tomorrow or next week, but this bass WILL be mine!

9. Bassenstien

Bassenstien

Jun 13, 2006
    Mississippi
    I LOVE silver with white pearl. Normally I would think gold blah. But I really like the look of this bass. Get it Get it!

10. LuckyPants

LuckyPants

Mar 7, 2008
    Dublin
    Well here's something for you, forum.

Over 4 years since I wrote that OP, I've just ordered the bass in it.

Will get some pictures up when she arrives. I cant put into words my excitement. 4 years.

11. Yep, I have a blizzard white version with rosewood board and emerald sparkle pickguard. They are amazing. Don't expect the iconic P or J tones, but the active electronics array on this model make it quite versatile and powerful.

Better late than never. Enjoy.

12. LuckyPants

LuckyPants

Mar 7, 2008
    Dublin
    Thanks dude :hyper:

13. Smilodon

Smilodon Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Norway
    I really admire your ability to suppress your GAS.

If I wanted a bass THAT badly I know I couldn't wait 4 years...

14. LuckyPants

LuckyPants

Mar 7, 2008
    Dublin
    haha, it was hard work but I dont have a lot of money to spend so I just had to put up with it.

Also, it's crazy to think it was 4 years ago, didnt realise it was that long.

So excited to play it now

15. GRAHAM SG1

GRAHAM SG1

May 3, 2010
    Now you have 4 years to choose an amp :)

16. I dig it. Very unusual color pairings but yeah I like it a lot. Good luck to you!