i arE smart!!?!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Cameron, May 26, 2001.

1. Yep, got the ol' SAT scores back to-day.

:drum roll, but a quiet one that stays in time:

I got an even 1400.

Yeah, now let my teachers say I'm stupid. I scored 95th percentile in math and 93 percentile in verbal skills.

SATs suck.

Rock on
  2. i got a 1410. what's up now BEEEOTCH!

hehe just kidding about the beeeotch thing. congratulations, that's a great score.
  3. berserk

Aug 24, 2000
    Parma, Ohio
    I feel dumb i only got a 1370.
  4. Hmmm...
    Now all I gotta do is wait for mine. I was too lazy to call & find out, so now I still gotta wait another while 'fore I get mine.

With any luck, I'll get a 1400 and my dad'll get me that Warwick. :D:D:D
  5. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Good job! That's very good! I hope I can get anywhere near that! Probably not though...

And then my brother got a 1600 (two 1590s that combined for a 1600) so...yeah, noooo pressure! Actually, it might've been 1590...but something like that. But like i said, nooo pressure. None at ALL...:eek:. And since I'm the dumb child, my dad probably isn't holding his breath!
  6. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I have yet to take the SATs...course, I'm the evil child, so no one at my house would be impressed anyway...

I dunno, I always score in like the top 97% percentile on english, and science, but then REALLY bomb math (my weak point) so I always get overall average scores on every standardized test I take...
  7. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    sat's? what are these strange numbers....

i got a 29 on my ACT though...

the funny thing is that english is my strong point, yet i did the best (95th percentile) in algebra. wierd.

8. LoL.. I'm too dumb to post here. I only took the PSAT and that was pretty damn bad.. esp. with no prepping.
  9. doom32x

Apr 10, 2000
    I was only in 7th grade when I took the SAT for some Duke University Talent Identification Program. I scored a 1060 without know algebra and without studying hard. I got a 490 math and a 570 verbal.
  10. What is this SAT stuff? I guess its as confusing as my school certificate or otherwise known as SACE.

Damn abbreviations....

11. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    I took the Duke TIP ACT and beat 92% of all high school juniors in grammar when i was only in seventh grade! I can't wait to take the "real" standardized tests in a few years, even though next year I have to take the utterly friggin rediculous FCAT. Last year, when I took the FCat in 8th grade (yes, we have to take it twice within three years, but now kids start taking PFCATs starting at 3rd grade!), i got a perfect six on the FCAT Writes. I tripled my score from my fourth grade score for the Florida Writes!
  12. hey i did that, but for johns hopkins i think. i got above average for a high school senior in verbal :D
  13. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    back in the day when the sat was actually harder then what all you squirts take ;), i got 1510 on my second try. best combined was a 1540. mind you, this was when you had to get a perfect score - no wrong answers - to get an 800 on each section. 780 math and 760 verbal. :D

ah, those were the days, those halcyon days of sat yore :D.

actually, i was pretty stupid - i got high enough on the psat to get a national merit scholarship to GA tech, but no, no, _i_ wanted to go to MIT, so i didn't apply for the scholarship :rolleyes: i ended up getting turned down from MIT and going to Tech. just goes to show you how standardized tests don't count squat towards actual intelligence :D.

14. One of my best friends did the same thing for Duke when he was in 7th grade. he scored a 1500 something. needless to say hes heading into 10th grade taking some college level courses.
  15. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i thought i had read somewhere that they were scaling the test differently now, so that you could get an 800 and still get a few wrong.

well, then, no matter. once you get to college, it doesn't matter except to 1st quarter freshmen. :D
  16. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Well... I only got an 1100 but I have a nice personality... :)

Boy it's been a long time since them days...
  17. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    I scored a 1580, at the age of 12. Dont hate me guys.

18. They did rescale to basically add about 100 points to everybody's score a few years back. Obviously that's less true at the top of the range.

A very high SAT score is directly responsible for me getting into University, and for being able to switch colleges within the University. Then it (surprisingly, to me) helped again when applying for jobs after graduation.

Very high GRE and GMAT scores, on the other hand, have done more or less nothing for me.

Never, under any circumstances, did my mother ever raise the topic of a Warwick. ;)
  19. Two kids at school hit over 1500. Alex got like a 1570 and Grant a 1530. In a school of about 1300, having two 1500ers is amazing.

I was the 27th highest score at school. I am happy.:)

And that's out of a class of around 375.:eek:

Rock on